Issues with Google/Asus Case

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I was luckily(so I thought) that I received my unit with the case I ordered, but the case is awefull.

First, the cove is not secure and just flopps around. It would be useless if you drop it, and I think after time it will actually scratch the screen or screen protector.

Second, even worse the cover is so thin that if your device is off and turns on while you are holding the device in your hand (with the cover closed) your hand will start to activate the screen. I have twice opened my device after carrying it to find it hot and running a program I did not intend to start.

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. The case is terrible. I ordered one with a smart on/off thing. Cost me about 10 bucks less than the worthless Asus one

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Why didn't you lock the screen?

That is the issue, even with the screen locked your hand or finger can transmit an electrical impulse through the thin case and unlock the device.

I can duplicate it locking my device and closing the case, I can unlock the device by swiping my finger on top of the cover, at this point you have no idea and you start to launch programs on your home screen and possibly you launcher.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That is the issue, even with the screen locked your hand or finger can transmit an electrical impulse through the thin case........

Trying to go Bill Nye on us. It goes off of heat. Not an electrical impulse. Sorry I had to....... but yes I experienced the same thing. You can activate the nexus 7 with the cover on. Not very useful.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Trying to go Bill Nye on us. It goes off of heat. Not an electrical impulse. Sorry I had to....... but yes I experienced the same thing. You can activate the nexus 7 with the cover on. Not very useful.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Too bad you don't know either because when your trying to correct someone it helps to actually know something about what your talking about.

Capacitive sensors are constructed from many different media, such as copper, Indium tin oxide (ITO) and printed ink. Copper capacitive sensors can be implemented on standard FR4 PCBs as well as on flexible material.

In this basic technology, only one side of the insulator is coated with conductive material. A small voltage is applied to this layer, resulting in a uniform electrostatic field. When a conductor, such as a human finger, touches the uncoated surface, a capacitor is dynamically formed.

Has nothing to do with heat.