Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Re: Portenzo Case

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    Here is the condition of my Portenzo Alano case. I throw it in my pack back and after 6 weeks it looks like it's taking a beating..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Looks like a nice, well-worn book

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    Did the place smell like awesome? I can only assume it did

It smelled like old books and rich leather. I can't imagine why.
    NotJustAPhone likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    It smelled like old books and rich leather. I can't imagine why.
    That was going to be my next guess

BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    That was going to be my next guess

Here's a link to my case:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/11538...30945705433185

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    I just read your review. Very well written. I would love to tour that place. I am loving my book case. They are fantastic!!!
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    That's an awesome anti-theft device - disguising your tablet as a book.
    This guy was robbed and the thief left his tablets alone.

I just noticed that those of you with embossing got "Nexus 7". I'm just curious why not your name or initials?

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    I just noticed that those of you with embossing got "Nexus 7". I'm just curious why not your name or initials?
    Didn't really want my name on the cover in the event I wanted to resell. Not sure how much I can get for the portenzo case now since I dropped it and the wood Splintered on the corner. I wonder if Portenzo can put in a new wood piece.

Good to hear you are okay.

Wanted to add; I have been carrying my Nexus with the portenzo Alano cases to family events. And everyone was asking me why I was carrying a bible... Hahaha. I should have gotten the embossing in red.

svfd757 likes this.

Didn't really want my name on the cover in the event I wanted to resell. Not sure how much I can get for the portenzo case now since I dropped it and the wood Splintered on the corner. I wonder if Portenzo can put in a new wood piece.
    Contact them and see what they say. They seem like a very good company. I would be interested in what you find out.

Are you referring to the video I posted? That's not me.

Wanted to add; I have been carrying my Nexus with the portenzo Alano cases to family events. And everyone was asking me why I was carrying a bible... Hahaha. I should have gotten the embossing in red.
    Mine is just going to be a BookCase. Judging by their production schedule, I'll probably receive it about the week of Thanksgiving. I hope to get it before Thanksgiving, then I can show it off at my parent's house.

... and thank you for the explanation on the embossing.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

With as cool as Portenzo is, they might replace your case. Never hurts to try

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Just ordered the composition today. Pumped about it because i have seen some pictures with the exact customization i chose.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Portenzo links in this thread seem to be broken. Just googled it and got on web site but the only options I see are colors, intellistand, and stylus. Also I see no pics or info on what the difference is between the regular and the intellistand. Just not clear on the web site. Nor have I seen a clear explanation in the thread.
    Someone enlighten me!

The Intellistand option will allow you to stand the case so that you can view video at different angles, etc...

Like this:

Portenzo Case-r600x600.jpg

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    Portenzo links in this thread seem to be broken. Just googled it and got on web site but the only options I see are colors, intellistand, and stylus. Also I see no pics or info on what the difference is between the regular and the intellistand. Just not clear on the web site. Nor have I seen a clear explanation in the thread.
    Someone enlighten me!
    Get the intellistand its well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    The Intellistand option will allow you to stand the case so that you can view video at different angles, etc...

Like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r600x600.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	44547

What color scheme is that? Is that's sky blue, if so, it looks a lot lighter on their website. Might get that same combo of colors.
    How easy is it to clean and does it get dirty easily?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOut View Post
    What color scheme is that? Is that's sky blue, if so, it looks a lot lighter on their website. Might get that same combo of colors.
    How easy is it to clean and does it get dirty easily?
    The color scheme is "Green Apple" on the outside and "Dark Blue Linen" on the inside. I took the photo outside (obviously), with my Droid Razr, so I'm not sure on the white balance (auto).

They provide a microfiber cloth with the case. According to the website, a slightly dampened cloth should be all that is needed to clean the case.

Thanks for the info.
    I was thinking of green but thought maybe the bright color would lose it's appeal and also it won't be as incognito anymore.
    It's screaming look at me! Haha

I felt the green was close to "Android Green".

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Just ordered the Indiana journal on 11/9 any idea how long it takes to get these things? I've heard anywhere from 10 days to over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano89 View Post
    Just ordered the Indiana journal on 11/9 any idea how long it takes to get these things? I've heard anywhere from 10 days to over a month.
    About 10 business days for production and then they have to ship it for you. I guess the total production time also depends on what was in the queue before your order.

That's an ugly *** case. I would rather have someone steal my tablet then have to walk around with that case.

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    That's an ugly *** case. I would rather have someone steal my tablet then have to walk around with that case.
    Yeah. Sure you would.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    Useful input...Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Mine is pretty basic. Kinda wish I would have went with a red strap instead of black but I love it none the less

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm wondering how the smart cover function works on this with the Nexus 7. If I have the lock screen set to Face Unlock, will the case open up directly to the Face Unlock screen, thereby allowing me to just look at the device to unlock it before using it?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast