Portenzo Case

Adam Kornegay

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a "normal" one? How is it?

Mine is fairly "normal" as I have the basic case with the intellistand, magnetic closure and elastic strap.

As everyone has stated, quality is top-notch. Looks really nice. Almost too nice - I'm afraid to let my kids use it and damage the case!

Easy to install and easy to pop out - especially if you have the intellistand because you can access the cutout in the back of the case and push on the Nexus 7 directly.

Sound quality is a bit better but nothing astonishing. The side buttons are a little harder to reach but they are kind of hard to reach on the device in general since the edge is at an angle under the device (instead of flush 90 degrees). As a result, having the smart cover is really awesome - just open and close it as needed (I changed my security settings to lock after 5 minutes instead of immediately which works better).

My Nexus 7 naked weighs 335 grams. The empty case weighs 202 grams (keep in mind that mine has magnetic closure and intellistand which means more magnets and corresponding weight). Even though 202 grams is really not that much in the grand scheme of things, it definitely makes the device feel heavier. When the case is folded back, it's wider to hold so you have to use more forearm muscle to support it. However, the border of the case along with the bezel gives you more surface area to hold so you're holding it instead of pinching it.

Finally, definitely glad I went with the magnetic closure and the elastic. I like how it snaps shut and will stay closed but is easy to pop back open. But I use the elastic if I'm carrying it somewhere.

Good stuff - highly recommended.

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is fairly "normal" as I have the basic case with the intellistand, magnetic closure and elastic strap.

As everyone has stated, quality is top-notch. Looks really nice. Almost too nice - I'm afraid to let my kids use it and damage the case!

Easy to install and easy to pop out - especially if you have the intellistand because you can access the cutout in the back of the case and push on the Nexus 7 directly.

Sound quality is a bit better but nothing astonishing. The side buttons are a little harder to reach but they are kind of hard to reach on the device in general since the edge is at an angle under the device (instead of flush 90 degrees). As a result, having the smart cover is really awesome - just open and close it as needed (I changed my security settings to lock after 5 minutes instead of immediately which works better).

My Nexus 7 naked weighs 335 grams. The empty case weighs 202 grams (keep in mind that mine has magnetic closure and intellistand which means more magnets and corresponding weight). Even though 202 grams is really not that much in the grand scheme of things, it definitely makes the device feel heavier. When the case is folded back, it's wider to hold so you have to use more forearm muscle to support it. However, the border of the case along with the bezel gives you more surface area to hold so you're holding it instead of pinching it.

Finally, definitely glad I went with the magnetic closure and the elastic. I like how it snaps shut and will stay closed but is easy to pop back open. But I use the elastic if I'm carrying it somewhere.

Good stuff - highly recommended.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Any photos?

Also, with the extra magnet...does folding it "under" create any issues with that sensor? I've seen/heard of some basically turning the screen on/off when folded under.

I really want it in black + sky blue interior. What's the turn around time from ordering to delivery?

Adam Kornegay

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I appreciate it. Any photos?

No photos but there's probably not much more that you'll see on mine that you haven't seen in other photos.

Also, with the extra magnet...does folding it "under" create any issues with that sensor? I've seen/heard of some basically turning the screen on/off when folded under.

No issues with it nor do I expect there to be. The spine on the case prevents it from being folded completely back on itself so the magnet is not close enough to affect anything.

When it is folded back, the case sits at an angle. If you want it completely flat on your desk/table, you leave the front off to the left but not folded back (like with a magazine).

I really want it in black + sky blue interior. What's the turn around time from ordering to delivery?

I'm sure the turnaround time varies based on how loaded up they are. Mine was ordered the evening of Thursday 7/26 and arrived on Tuesday 8/7.

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!

Place an order for a black/blue one w/ intellistand this morning. Looking forward to it!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!

Place an order for a black/blue one w/ intellistand this morning. Looking forward to it!

Black and blue, eh? Guess you really beat yourself up over deciding on that color combination ;)

Grats on your case - if my experience is anything to go by, you'll be pleased.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Black and blue, eh? Guess you really beat yourself up over deciding on that color combination ;)

Grats on your case - if my experience is anything to go by, you'll be pleased.

I generally run black/blue or blue/white themes on my Nexii, so I wanted something that blended in :).

Also, not sure if it's discussed here--but you get a 90 day warranty and they'll work with you regardless if the 90 day period is "up." Customer service was outstanding.

aponteg22

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love mine. Even got a friend to purchase the composition style, which looks amazing. The Intellistand works very well and at several different angles. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a premium cover.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGg9XjM_qXY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
First video N7 portenzo case I have seen on the Internet. The video is just a quick look at the case from YouTube user.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

He has a good point about the games, most of the games are in a locked screen position and would make playing uncomfortable. What do you guys think ? Although you could put the n7 upsidedown while playing the game

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
He has a good point about the games, most of the games are in a locked screen position and would make playing uncomfortable. What do you guys think ? Although you could put the n7 upsidedown while playing the game

ultimate orientation will fix that problem

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Ultimate Rotation Control solves this, with high configurability. Free to try for 7 days, and well worth the $2.99 license to buy.

On a note unrelated to the above, but relevant to the topic, I find I actually prefer the thickness added to the device for holding it in portrait mode; it is more comfortable to hold for a prolonged period that way.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ultimate Rotation Control solves this, with high configurability. Free to try for 7 days, and well worth the $2.99 license to buy.

On a note unrelated to the above, but relevant to the topic, I find I actually prefer the thickness added to the device for holding it in portrait mode; it is more comfortable to hold for a prolonged period that way.

That's something I'm looking forward to. Kinda awkward for me to hold it in portrait mode as is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

stalban

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Finally received my case. Thrilled with the quality and overall it's a beautiful. However unlike most here I wasn't impressed with Portenzos customer service at all. Took a lot longer to be despatched than they initially quoted (and even then it was only after I prompted them) and when I asked a second time they dodged the question entirely. They seem to think that using Christian names and speaking informally equals good customer service. Personally i'd prefer they'd actually communicate how long things are going to take.

The final product is outstanding but don't expect it promptly or for Portenzo and take any communications from them with a very large pinch of salt.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Finally received my case. Thrilled with the quality and overall it's a beautiful. However unlike most here I wasn't impressed with Portenzos customer service at all. Took a lot longer to be despatched than they initially quoted (and even then it was only after I prompted them) and when I asked a second time they dodged the question entirely. They seem to think that using Christian names and speaking informally equals good customer service. Personally i'd prefer they'd actually communicate how long things are going to take.

The final product is outstanding but don't expect it promptly or for Portenzo and take any communications from them with a very large pinch of salt.

I noticed an error on my order, hopped on to chat, and had it fixed within seconds. My experience was very, very good. I haven't asked for an ETA though, so that may change my opinion :).

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a case on Wednesday. Let's see how long it takes for it to ship.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Classic Bookcase
Embossing
Intellistand
Magnet and Strap
Shipped on the 9th day of production which is 9 businesses days.
Ordered on Saturday Night added upgrades on Monday
The case was shipped after two weeks on a Thursday
Delivery date is the following Tuesday so three businesses day.

Hopefully, I am able to pick up my case Monday evening from the FedEx store because I requested my package to be put on hold for pickup.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech