Portenzo Case

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For anyone looking for a 'premium' case that doesn't mind spending a little more for a slick style along with excellent function, Portenzo is launching their line of custom Nexus 7 cases tomorrow, which are traditionally similar to those by Treegloo and DODOcase , with the look and feel of a high quality bound book. The Treegloo ones look really nice; I'm hoping Portenzo's selection makes me glad I waited ;-)

From their Twitter page:
Portenzo ‏@Portenzo
Portenzo cases for the Nexus 7 will be live for ordering tomorrow and the first orders will begin to ship on Friday!

I'm really hoping that, given the market success of the N7, they'll have a more extensive range of selections than they've made available for other non-iPad tablets. (Personally I'm really hoping for them to do an Alano series!

Here's a couple of shots of some of their iPad cases. The styling may differ from one tablet to another, but the general form and function are pretty consistent, so I expect the N7 cases to be along these lines...

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a Portenzo for my (now sold!) iPad 2. It's a FANTASTIC case, made by people who take a lot of pride in their work. In the interest of providing complete info, this is a small company and with the iPad 2 case launch, they had a lot of trouble delivering cases in the timeframe they specified (I don't think they were even close to their estimates). During that time, customer service was also a bit hit or miss. That said, when the case was delivered, it was better craftsmanship than the Dodocase that I also own. And I have a feeling, far superior to Treegloo.

I am considering ordering one. My advice to anyone considering the case is to reiterate that I think this is the best made case of this style available. It surpasses many of the other options by a good amount. You won't regret choosing it over some of the other options available. And I think, under general circumstances, they have very good customer service. But, if the demand is high, my experience is that you *may* have to wait much longer than expected (so sit back, relax, and just enjoy the anticipation!).

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to see what they're going to look like. I still don't see them on the website, they're supposed to go live today.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
These are live now, but there's no link on the front page yet, but the order page where you can see them (and order) is https://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=bookcase-for-nexus . They're doing an introductory special starting them from $39.95 (they'll normally be $49.95) before any options - of which the only one I'd consider a 'must-have' is the Intellistand feature, which is $10.

Also, you can order a more exotic version of this case in bonded leather, wingtip, teju, or alano styles (albeit at a higher price) - just contact their support for pricing.

Mine (in Alano Tesoro) is ordered, and if it gets out on Friday I should have by early next week, at which point I'll post some pics.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
These are live now, but there's no link on the front page yet, but the order page where you can see them (and order) is https://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=bookcase-for-nexus . They're doing an introductory special starting them from $39.95 (they'll normally be $49.95) before any options - of which the only one I'd consider a 'must-have' is the Intellistand feature, which is $10.

Also, you can order a more exotic version of this case in bonded leather, wingtip, teju, or alano styles (albeit at a higher price) - just contact their support for pricing.

Mine (in Alano Tesoro) is ordered, and if it gets out on Friday I should have by early next week, at which point I'll post some pics.

I have an email out to Portenzo now, but do you mind telling me the quoted price for the Alano Tesoro with Intellistand? That's also what I'm planning to order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
$154.80 including FedEx ground shipping. It's definitely at a premium, but I felt guilty for carrying mine around in neoprene. I'm not certain if the Alano series includes 'smart cover' functionality, but that wasn't going to be dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
About $156 including FedEx ground shipping. It's definitely at a premium, but I felt guilty for carrying mine around in neoprene. I'm not certain if the Alano series includes 'smart cover' functionality, but that wasn't going to be dealbreaker for me.

I believe it should. The description said that was included and wasn't charged separately. I'm still trying to make up my mind. Lea said it takes 5-7 working days for production.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
About $156 including FedEx ground shipping. It's definitely at a premium, but I felt guilty for carrying mine around in neoprene. I'm not certain if the Alano series includes 'smart cover' functionality, but that wasn't going to be dealbreaker for me.

Thanks! Hmmm...I'm really tempted. Money isn't an issue, but I do question spending so much to protect a $250 device. But the Alano sure is gorgeous and an art piece in its own right. Decisions, decisions....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Lea said it takes 5-7 working days for production.

Did she say that that was specific to the 'one-off' cases like the Alano? The indication on the order site was that orders placed today would likely ship on Friday, but it wouldn't surprise me if the special orders were to take a little bit longer.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
As a side note, special orders for the other styles of cases can opt for the Intellistand feature, but not for the stylus holder or for the camera cut-out (obviously).

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Did she say that that was specific to the 'one-off' cases like the Alano? The indication on the order site was that orders placed today would likely ship on Friday, but it wouldn't surprise me if the special orders were to take a little bit longer.

I asked her in general because I wasn't sure if I should have it delivered at work or at home. After you ordered did you get an estimated time frame or delivery?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
After you ordered did you get an estimated time frame or delivery?

No, but when I went to the order review page I did get this:

Order Status By Model

Classic: ON TIME
Wingtip: ON TIME
Bonded Leather: ON TIME
Composition: ON TIME
Teju: ON TIME
Alano: 80% On Time
All Others: ON TIME​

Reactions: nicraz

MrpicC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Just ordered 2! Those other expensive ones are absolutely beautiful but completely out of my budget.. Plus since I bought the tablets my girl bought the cases... so I win no matter..