Do you use the Google case? Or something else?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Google case for my 7. I am a BIG fan of rooCase, and I have them on my other tabs. But the roo doubles the thickness of the 7, whereas the Google case adds little to it, but gives at least some protection. And it makes it more comfortable to hold. It doesn't stand it up like the roo does though. What do you think of the Google case? It sort of seems flimsy to me.

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Google case sucks. The back feels nice enough but I take it out of the case all then time when I'm going to actually use it for an extended amount of time. I ordered this case simply because it has the smart cover feature and it has a stand whenever I want to watch movies or play games. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2007735 not sure how much protection it will offer though

flipcap22

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the Google case. It works fine and I'm not sure why all the hate. Sure, it's not the best case but it has a thin profile even when I fold the cover over and does it's job of protecting the screen and back when closed. Waiting for more reviews on smart cases before I choose one. I want one that doesn't cover most of the bezel like the Google case.

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
You talking about the Google case that still shows as unavailable in the Play Store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Im just getting a slip cover for mine. I don't like any of the cases because it takes away from the look of the device and adds bulk. I just need something to protect it when transporting it around.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wish I had heard more positive comments abut the case, but for $20 its not that big an investment to worry over.

I pre-ordered one on 6/28 when I ordered my N7, but it didn't ship with the device. I'm leaving on vacation today and since I don't have the case yet, I'll be leaving the N7 behind and taking my iPad 3. Would have liked to take it due to the smaller form factor, but since I also have 4G on the iPad I guess I can use the iPad when away from WiFi.

Maybe its a good thing I didn't get the case then. It made my decision on what tablet to take a little easier.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I carry it in a small bag that contains a paper notebook and pens and (useless for the N7) USB drives. I'm waiting on a screen protector. I'm thinking of making a sleeve.

U2Bono269

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a sleeve right now, but I just ordered a leather smart-case from amazon for like $10. I figured it would be better because I have a slight screen lift in the upper-left side, so a snug case would go a long way to keeping it tight. I've got it clamping right now with an eraser and some rubber bands, and I expect to have the case by Friday at the latest.

If it's not snug enough to keep the screen tight, I can always use some electrical tape to hold it down, and the case will cover it entirely..

Plus it has a nifty stand and the smart-magnet. Can't go wrong. And when it's all done I'll have a sleeve for my Nook1E. Big win, I'd say.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got a timbuk2 sleeve for the kindle fire through Amazon. Timbuk2 lists the same sleeve as for either the Kindle fire or the N7 on their own website. If you aren't familiar with the company, they make nearly indestructible bike messenger type bags of extremely high quality.

Cool thing is I got a five dollar credit to Amazon MP3 by ordering it through amazon. I'm a prime member and the credit was unadvertised. Just got an email about it.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Google case sucks. The back feels nice enough but I take it out of the case all then time when I'm going to actually use it for an extended amount of time. I ordered this case simply because it has the smart cover feature and it has a stand whenever I want to watch movies or play games. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2017798 not sure how much protection it will offer though

I just ordered this case. I have a similar one for my element and it works great.

Reactions: richxps

bobcat_816

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Do you have any problems with that case? I was reading the reviews on Amazon and some people mentioned that the magnet would inadvertently turn the tablet off. I did order it because someone mentioned that the magnets could be removed with a knife if it was a problem. Of course the estimated shipping date isn't until the end of the month. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it was going to take that long. Most things I order on Amazon arrive within a week. In the mean time, I bought a universal Rocketfish case from Best Buy for $25. It works great and holds my tablet securely with 4 elastic straps. It doesn't add much bulk either, so I might just continue to use it even after my case from Amazon arrives.

Rocketfish? - Universal Case for Most Tablets Up to 7" - Black - RF-ERUNV13

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Google case since the tablet came--in fact, I barely held it "outside" of the case. It's ok. Feels cheap but I appreciate the texture. Don't like the fact that cover is not microfiber, but obviously this rubber will not scratch the glass.

Regardless, I'm eagerly awaiting my Portenzo :).