TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check yourself

smiley1010

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here is my experience with Treegloo:

I understand that Treegloo makes a hand crafted product and it takes time to make. I was prepared for the wait. I did my research. I was aware of the risks. But I felt that they are being very misleading on their website by stating their production is 7 to 21 Business days. I believe this timeline to be incorrect, for me and Treegloo should notify their customers (via their website or an email) if there is a delay. Although they do have a disclaimer (on Treegloo's FAQ page) stating that it could take longer: "This timeline may extend during season peaks."

I wonder....(me thinking out loud).... if the timeline is for when they start making the order, not when they received the order? So hypothetically speaking, if I placed an order on January 2nd, and they don't start making it until January 13th, Would it be 7 to 21 Business days for production starting the 13th? Let's not forget about the extra days for shipping. Treegloo mostly uses the United States Postal Service for shipping. In my experience, I have found that USPS is usually not good with their tracking service~USPS doesn't always update their tracking site but usually does update it when the package is delivered. Also, sometimes companies can print out USPS shipping labels and keep the the product for a while before sending this out, although I do not know why companies would do this unless they are trying to scam the customer.​

Anyway... With over a month and a half of waiting on my Treegloo order (way more than 21 business days) with NO responses regarding statuses of my order (after emailing them so frequently), I ended up cancelling my order with Treegloo. Treegloo was quick with the refund of my money. Treegloo, to me, seemed quick with email responses regarding: questions about their product or on customizations/special orders. They were lousy, with me, with responses to the status of my order.

Personally, I was very disappointed because the Treegloo case I ordered because it seemed like it would be very nice product and well crafted. I liked that you could get different color woods, liners and colors. I also liked that the company was eco-friendly. Their website seemed very professional. But...I guess I was taking a gamble anyway on getting a case from them based on other peoples experiences that I have read here and elsewhere.

BTW.... I found this on Treegloo's google plus page. I just copied and pasted it here:

Quote "Treegloo Jan 22, 2013 - In our experience, most people who purchase an item would rather not create an account.

We have an incredible team of programmers and developers, (we build everything ourselves, including the website). However, due to the sheer number of possible order combinations, it becomes exponentially more difficult to provide a precise status update.

Our new production facility is almost in full operation, which will help reduce the overall wait time in the upcoming weeks."
End Quote​

In the long run, I ended up ordering a case from Portenzo. The Portenzo Bookcase took a total of 16 days (not business days) from the day I ordered it until I had it in my hands. I am very pleased with it. I genuinely like the intellistand & magnagrip magnets with elastic closure features of the Portenzo bookcase. I can not compare the Treegloo case to the Portenzo case because I never received my Treegloo case. :'( But what I can say is: Portenzo was much faster, with me, in responding to my order status emails than Treegloo was. Portenzo also use FedEx for shipping. I like FedEx tracking of packages much better than USPS.

===========================================================
To those of you who had no problem with Treegloo on ordering, responsive order status emails and/or receiving of their case; Kudos to You! I only wish they would have been that way with me. :'(
===========================================================

I suggest, for those of you have placed an order with Treegloo and have been waiting forever for your case and are possibly fed up with Treegloo, to.... Cancel your order with Treegloo. Contact your credit card company and refute the charges for your Treegloo order. Then go to Portenzo dot com and order one of theirs.

Just a note: If you do not like the "book style" cases and still want a case for you tablet, then you might want to check out the Otterbox cases. www dot otterbox dot com. I have read some good reviews on them.

FYI...I do not work for any of these companies nor have I ever worked for these companies. I'm a programmer by trade.

PDXbyStorm

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check yourself -- NOT TRUE IN THIS CASE.

OK, so I finally got my case. I did have to push, though. I ordered mine just after Christmas. I was given a tracking number that didn't track anything back in early Feb. When I started reading these forums, I got concerned, and contacted Stefanie again. (I had been in touch throughout the process and she was very helpful in describing the product to me and allowing me to make changes along the way.) She apologized for the delay and the problems, gave me some price concessions, and allowed me to make more changes--including comping me the latch and the cloth-- and made sure my case was produced the next day and shipped to me to arrive two business days later. It's a really well-made case and after I described how I would be using it, Stefanie suggested I would prefer the regular over the Streamliner, which I had originally ordered. I switched, and also went with a different color combination, I am glad i got the combination I did: Mad Midnight cover, Ebony frame and Knight Gray cloth interior with the magnetic latch. Looks great, and I suggest black so it doesn't battle for eye attention with the screen. That was my concern with the lighter wood (which I thought would be OK with the Streamliner, but not with the regular case). It seems very sturdy and I do suggest the magnet. Works well for standing it up to watch video..

I was concerned that with the case it would be hard to type, but I find it to be no problem in comparison to typing with no case on. I don't have a problem with the opening for the power and volume button.

If you're wondering why you need a case, one thing that's great is that this stands up and doesn't slide around as it did naked. You can do anything with the device propped up--portrait or landscape.

For what I ended up paying, it was worth the wait, and after checking out the off-the-shelf-cases at Fry's a few days ago, there is absolutely no comparison. This is a huge value and I would highly recommend. They produce a great product once you get it. Just stay in touch through email and even Facebook (that worked for me.) and you'll be happy with the time and money investment. It's nice that someone is putting the Nexus 7 in the same category as iPads, and producing quality accessories for us Android folks. Hopefully they'll get some of the production issues caught up to speed with demand. My guess is they got hit with a rush after Christmas. It was 42 business days from the day I ordered it to the day I had it.

It's a great product.

DSC_7629.JPG

DSC_7630.JPG

DSC_7641.JPG

DSC_7642.JPG

Taken with a flash.
DSC_7633.JPG

And this was taken with the flash, so the blue is much bluer than it really is in normal light.

DSC_7636.JPG

Last edited:

mila_14

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check yourself -- NOT TRUE IN THIS CASE.

Ordered my case on November 21, 2012. Was told that I would have it by December 22nd - e-mailed on December 15th and received an update on December 28th that my order would be shipped that week. It's been 2 months and after numerous e-mails and Facebook posts all I've received is one email (Jan 25th) saying they're being shipped "ASAP". I just filed a complaint with the BBB so the wait continues...

evanthepanther

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if I posted in this forum, but I have posted elsewhere. I waited for nearly 4 months for my treegloo case (although they took the money out immediately of course) after numerous emails between customer support and myself I decided to pull the order and request a refund. I was outright blatantly lied to by treegloo. They said that there was a mix up at the post office after I received my non-changing tracking number (it was obviously a false number, that showed no movement). The "post office" got confused and so treegloo was sending my case out the next day. So somehow it took 3.5 months for them to send out my case the first time, and 1 day the second time!! I waiting another 2 weeks, with no notice of shipment, or tracking number, this is when I pulled my order. Treegloo is just not shipping to some customers. I don't know why, but to not ship to someone who pays 90+ dollars for a case is completely absurd.

I then chose to go with a Portenzo (one of their direct competitors). I received their handmade case iirc in a 1.5 months. I even ended up getting a discount because I simply asked for one in a private chat with an employee. People using treegloo's speedy customer support as a measuring stick to describe how good of a company they are, when in fact the first few times you contact them they are fast but as time goes on, they just ignore your emails. Portenzo is also quick, but I was never ignored. I'm sure as you guys can understand I was going nuts after a few weeks because I was worried that I was being scammed again (and yes, treegloo scammed me). So I was sending emails every few days asking about the status of the order and shipping dates. I even informed them of the situation with treegloo and the customer support person said that they had heard of the problems from customers before.

I'm telling you, go with Portenzo, and STAY AWAY FROM TREEGLOO, Portenzo makes comparable cases, and will not steal from you.

evanthepanther

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Here's a good way to look at which is a better company, look at the likes on facebook. Treegloo has 645 likes... Portenzo has 4,774. I think its obvious who does a better job.

MrRisk

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I read all posts and I feel less lonely now... Although it doesn't help much since I am still WITHOUT MY CASE!!!!
I'm becoming a bit desperate:I bought the streamliner treegloo case on 27 December 2012 and as of today (9 March 2013) I still haven't received anything. As in most of your cases, at first they answered my messages and then they simply IGNORED my further requests - especially when I started talking about "refund".

If any of you has any advice on how to solve this (have you ever found a telephone number??) please help me.
I hate TREEGLOO and the first person that started off this thread is not crazy - I only wish I'd read this before...

(I leave in Belgium, do you think that they might consider this fact less "threatening" - to pursue them by law or something?)

Thanks

CaptinMidnight

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Same thing with me, I even ordered on the same day Dec 27. My excuse was they had my order number mixed up with another and I would receive a tracking number by Feb 2..............right.
may-be someday.

smiley1010

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here is the phone number listed for Treegloo on the BBB website: Phone: (713) 487-9822
Good luck with that.
Maybe you should just refute charges with your credit card and purchase one of these cases: Portenzo, Otterbox, Blurex Ultra-Slim, Gumdrop Drop Tech, i-BLASON, M-Edge Incline, Moko 360 Degree Rotating, Roocase Multi-Angle Vegan Leather Folio, Speck FitFolio or Dodo.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought my Treegloo was expensive. The Portenza I spec'd for my iPad mini was twice the price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

summit1986

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Worst company ever. I placed my order October 1st, have sent multiple emails checking on my order, each time being given a delivery date only to be delayed each time. I've given an ultimatum to Treegloo on my order. Awaiting a response. I don't care if these cases are made of dinosaur bone and polar bear leather, I wouldn't recommend these cases to anyone.

janesa13

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've placed my order a month ago and hasn't heard a peep.
no one picks up the phone (went straight to voicemail) and they don't reply to email.

I will have to cancel if I haven't heard again in a few days

techbelle

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So far my treeglo story goes like this - I see an article about how wonderful they are. I read the website carefully and place my order, allowing plenty of time to receive it by Valentine's Day. They debit my account immediately.

Then.......weeks go by. I email Feb 11th asking for an update - no response.
I email Feb 20th asking for an update - I get a response the next day saying that my case is 'in production' from Stefanie.
I email Mar 15th asking for an update - no response.
I emailed again today, I will let you guys know if I end up with a case or not. They look awesome, but...the odds of receiving one I think seem slim. I wonder how many people's money they have right now and haven't returned or how many people they say your case is 'in production.' I'm not jumping to conclusions that they suck, but like......... I used to work in a warehouse in a team of 5 people who could barely read and we had better customer service than this place.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I should have known better, but I ordered a Treegloo case for my N7 on 2/8. I kept getting the runaround telling me case will be sent but never was.

After a month, I asked for my money back. TREEGLOO REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY. They claimed the case was being sent out within a week. After 6 weeks, there was no case and no response from Treegloo. I finally requested a chargeback from my credit card.

In my experience, Treegloo are FRAUDS and LIARS. Beware.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I compared Portenza to Treegloo. The base cases are the same price. The only difference, is that Portenza actually delivers.

AnneNYC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I too read an article about how great this company was and their mission. I only wish I had looked more into reviews of this before I ordered and paid for my case on Dec. 28th, 2012 and as of today - 4/16/13 - I still have not rec'd it! Nor did I ever receive any if their supposed new email/tracking updates in February. On April 7th I emailed them asking where is my case and they still haven't responded. I am now going to file a complaint with the Attorney General offices as one person so nicely provided the links to do so. Great idea - but the company SUCKS!

OnePurpose

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link to the Attorney General. I will also be filing a complaint. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and the FTC. I was recently contacted by the United States Postal Inspection Service -- contacted by the BBB to look into complaints about Treegloo. Unfortunately, since transactions re handled online, it would appear that the fine folks at USPIS will not be of assistance. I will continue to file complaints wherever I can. My ONEPURPOSE is to make sure that this company own up to its fraudulent practices. I placed an order 12/19/12 and have since found the folks at Treegloo to be non-responsive to inquiries to produce their product or refund my money. Unfortunately, as it sounds for many others, I didn't happen across this thread until it was too late.

EmergentEcon

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check your

I realise there has been talk about someone who is intentionally trying to hurt the brand of TreeGloo - to that, I am unable to comment.
What I will say is this, I placed my order on 3rd February 2013 and, as of today 29th April 2013, I still do not have my cover.
I emailed them and was told that they have a backlog, this was back in February 2013 - since then no news.
So there are delivery problems, at least from what I have experienced thus far.

I am also a little concerned to note that activity on their Facebook and Twitter accounts stopped around November 2012.
At this point, I just hope that their product was simply too popular, and that they're dealing with the supply-side of the problem.

samadamocto

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I was compelled to register on android central to share my tale of woes regarding Treegloo.

Ordered my case on Feb 15, 2013. Received the typical confirmation email saying it would take 7-21 business days to ship. Great, it's a hand-crafted product so I'm open minded to wait a while to get it.

However, after 30 business days I had not heard anything. I emailed status@treegloo.com and only received a canned response. Did the same at about 40 business days, and 45 business days. Still no reply. Finally, I emailed and also called them and left a voicemail notifying them of my intent to file a non-delivery dispute with my credit card if I didn't hear from them by the following work week. Still no reply.

So I filed that dispute on April 14. Finally, a week later, on April 23rd I received an email from someone named Jen at Treegloo apologizing for the delay, stating my case was almost complete, and that she'd make sure it shipped that week.

Well, on May 1st I still had not heard anything so I emailed them again asking for a tracking number, since they promised that it would have shipped by then.

Today is May 6th and I have not heard from them.

My dispute is still open on my credit card and I'll be letting Treegloo know that they should simply cancel my order and that I'll continue forward with the dispute.

Beware ordering from Treegloo. If you already have and are waiting, don't hold your breath. It's been 12 weeks for me, which is nuts to me. My suggestion is to give up, cancel your order, file a credit card dispute, and move on. Oh, and warn your friends so they don't have to share your headache. There's a reason they have an F grade and a total of 95 complaints on the BBB, the majority of which have never been replied to and the rest of which got no resolution or the resolution was not what the customer wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed