TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check yourself

smiley1010

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Before I ordered the case, I emailed Treegloo and asked them about how true the shipping/production dates are, because I read it takes up to 8 weeks, or sometimes longer, to get your case. They responded to me promptly with this message:

"Hi,

With the large demand over the holidays, our production queue is up 21 business days.

In regards to orders that were delayed, our second production facility opened at the end of November to help with the demand. One facility is focused on current orders, and the other on any backlogged orders. As the facilities are working on orders in tandem, we are expected to be caught up and completely current by mid-January.

Thank you very much for your patience and have a Happy New Year!

Stefanie
Treegloo Products"

Last edited:

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Some pictures. The case is actually MUCH more brown than this. I wish it was this red.

4yzumy9u.jpg

uru4uhah.jpg

u8yqubyj.jpg

smiley1010

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Dubbayoo - RE: "Some pictures. The case is actually MUCH more brown than this. I wish it was this red."

Maybe you should return it, because you are dissatisfied with the color and tell them you would rather have it in "Killer Red". - Although, it may take another two months to get the replacement.

Cthulhulemon

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I placed an order on November 5th 2012 - it is now January 21st 2013 and still no case. They claim it was shipped on December 31st, provided me with a tracking number but it has yet to arrive. I have reported them to the BBB and requested a full refund or I'll have my credit card company go after them for it. On the slim chance that the case arrives, I'll be sending it back to them.

I'll be ordering a Portenzo case soon.

Treegloo should stop accepting orders until they can pull it together. They've lost a customer for good with me.

Last edited:

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe it's taking nearly 3 month for any case to be made and delivered. That's pure insanity. I'm definitely not buying from them. No thanks.

Portenza makes the same type of cases but better quality and better materials yet doesn't take 3 months! :eek:

I call B.S on Treegloo! :mad:

Buyer beware!

Sent from my Nexus 4

hereticone

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So if it takes 3 months to receive my product, then i only need to wait 15 more days......
At the 2 month mark I received tracking info for USPS but I believe that the shipping label as been generated but the case has not actually been shipped. That way I have a tracking number so ill shut up. If the product is as expected, then I don't think that Treegloo has done anything horrible, just has been overzealous or flat poorly managed.

Cthulhulemon

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So if it takes 3 months to receive my product, then i only need to wait 15 more days......
At the 2 month mark I received tracking info for USPS but I believe that the shipping label as been generated but the case has not actually been shipped. That way I have a tracking number so ill shut up. If the product is as expected, then I don't think that Treegloo has done anything horrible, just has been overzealous or flat poorly managed.

My thoughts exactly

Cthulhulemon

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally after 3 months I asked Treegloo to offer me a full refund. They've issued the transaction and I've closed my complaint with the Houston branch of the BBB.

I will never buy anything from them again.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

Ausdroid64

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
As to the quoted point, though, they can't be reasonably expected to refund a fee that they did not charge. It's not 'fair' to you, but these fees are not a normal part of the seller doing business, but rather a charge unrelated to and not collected by them resulting from your circumstances as a buyer.

I would have thought that as a gesture of goodwill they might have 'reimbursed' the fees.
They are a joke company and deserve to go broke with such poor customer service.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that as a gesture of goodwill they might have 'reimbursed' the fees.
They are a joke company and deserve to go broke with such poor customer service.

They could have made that offer, but from a business perspective they would have been incurring an expense with no likely positive return and little likelihood of defending against the negative.

A better gesture of good will would have been to offer - with effusive apologies for the issues - to provide the case, when it is ready, for a substantial discount (say 50%) or even for free. This would demonstrate that the company still wanted to earn the customer's business - even at limited, no, or loss of profit - and would at least allow them the possibility of getting their product into the customer's hands, at which point the quality (or lack thereof, though generally those who've received them have expressed positive things) would have the potential to earn their future business, or at least to dampen somewhat the liveliness with which the former customer will denounce their service.

hannahfolsom

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check your

I have dealt with TreeGloo very recently, so let me tell you my experience. Let me also tell you that 2 of my peers had the same exact experience that I have had.

I ordered my case at the beginning of December. In reading other reviews, I acknowledged that it can take well up to a month to receive the product because they are a small business and handcraft every case. That is fine; I purchased the case acknowledging that it would be some time before I received it.

A month later, I finally received a notification that my case had shipped. This email including tracking information to enter on the USPS website. More than a week later, my tracking # appeared but there was no location as to where my case was. I e-mailed TreeGloo, and TWO weeks later they had told me that my case had been damaged in a bulk shipment with other cases, and that new tracking information would be sent within two days and that my case should be delivered in 5 days. You see, my friends also received this same message. One week later, my tracking information still showed no location. I e-mailed them again, and they responded, assuring me that they would have tracking information sent to me promptly or I could opt for a refund. ONE week later, after asking for a refund, I have not heard from TreeGloo. I had no choice but to contact my bank and have them issue me a refund.

So let me make a point:

Some people did receive their case, and they are very pleased with it. I want others who are considering the case to acknowledge that yes, you may receive your case, but like many others including my friends and a majority of reviews, you are just as likely to be taken through a bunch of loopholes and not end up with a case at the end. I acknowledge that TreeGloo is a small business and they make a fine product, but if they cannot handle the number of orders placed by their clients, they need to hire more people or find a way to not have it being that people are ripped off and denied what they thought was going to be an excellent case.

TreeGloo will contact you saying that something has happened to your case, and give you a new delivery approximation. Don't fall for it, because it won't happen. And yes, there is a phone number listed for them- but I wouldn't bother- their # is in Texas and I have attempted numerous days, during business hours, and have only gotten the voice mail. I would only buy this product if you are seriously willing to gamble the chances of actually receiving it.

hereticone

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

After almost three months i finally receive my case after asking for a refund. I paid over $60 dollars after shipping (no inserts or special wood just the kinetic lash) and dealt with all of this crap and all the emails back and forth because i was going to end up with something nice and handmade. But the case is crap, and im trying to not just rant. The wood is splintered, the materials of the cover are thin and cheap, the lining is creased and peeling, the adhesive is showing and messy, the magnet shows through and is ugly. The kinetic lash (which is $15 and why i liked the case) is worthless, with cheap materials and poor design. This case should be $10 dollars at one of those walk up mall kiosks. Rant over, now going to try to get my money back...

Note: The pictures of the cases others have received look nicer than mine, must be a rushed job on mine.

Last edited:

gmf1985

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I don't normally post but this thread was the first to come up for "TreeGloo review"..

I too had a nice interaction with the company. Their blog indicated they will be releasing a nexus 4 case (YAY) and I was concerned that it wouldn't be left handed friendly. So I sent off some suggestions through the website. Honestly I did not expect a response let alone consideration... but within 6 hours I got this response.

Hi ******,

Thank you very much for your suggestions! We have been working on a few different designs for the Nexus 4, and it's very interesting to hear from left-handed consumers. :)

I'll forward your information over to the production team and co-founders.

Thanks again!

Treegloo Products

I have not been a customer of treegloo so I cannot give purchasing anecdotes about them yet.

But geez 2700fps, seriously, all your mud slinging has def put a bad taste in my mouth. I feel sorry for the "alternative" brands you seem so intent on promoting cause I wont buy from them. 1. because of you 2700fps 2. because I don't like, repeat, I myself don't like the nasty fold style shown in the images.

Marikowar

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having issues with Treegloo myself. I ordered my case in DECEMBER and still have not received my case. When I ask for a tracking # or explanation, I simply get an automated response saying "We are working hard on you order!"... WHAT THE HELL? Are they growing the tree to make my case? Will I ever get one?

There's no contact phone number... That worries me. Should have been smarter.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Portenzo, or doodo case is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360739917494.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360739917494.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360739966359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360739966359.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360739986195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360739986195.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 19

PDXbyStorm

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Taking this down pending some action. Stefanie was in touch and was helpful tonight.

Last edited:

PDXbyStorm

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having issues with Treegloo myself. I ordered my case in DECEMBER and still have not received my case. When I ask for a tracking # or explanation, I simply get an automated response saying "We are working hard on you order!"... WHAT THE HELL? Are they growing the tree to make my case? Will I ever get one?

There's no contact phone number... That worries me. Should have been smarter.

Here's the number that was on the bottom of my digital invoice. 713 487 9822

Last edited: