Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check yourself

I have an Bionic and love it and right now I am waiting on a Nexus 7 in 16gb. I have been an iPad owner for a couple generations but tired of it. I have been a lurker but once I started looking at cases I thought I should share something I learned on another forum.

Just a warning.

Do a search on the web for TreeGloo. You will find multiple posts talking about how TreeGloo didnt deliver, took 30 days or so to deliver, lied to customers, poor quality once reviews were in, and......

............[HL]TreeGloo has an F with the Better Business Bureau.[/HL] That is friggin hillarious. I didnt think that was possible. Look it up for yourself.

If you are thinking about getting one of their Nexus 7 cases, think again.

Im not taking the chance. Personally I am ordering from Portenzo iPad case or PQ | Quality Handmade Cases for iPad, iPhone, Kindle, MacBook Air but Im leaning towards Portenzo. I have one of their cases now and love it. Customer service rocked as well but take a look at both. Maybe you guys can steer me to another company that looks good in the moleskin style.

These guys are scumbags. I know this is an android forum but look over at MacRumors. Here is just one thread I found. There are a couple. If you search the web there are even some blog postings. One is from Leo Laporte. He says stay away from these guys.

TreeGloo Crooks - MacRumors Forums
    reginaclaire likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: TreeGloo is ripping people off and not delivering Check your

Saw that RookCase.com is making a Nexus 7 moleskin style case for 39.00. Not sure if they are going to do it for the 7 but they make them out of books as well for the ipad and other devices.

I happen to admire TreeGloo, so I asked for an explanation:

Quote Originally Posted by TreeGloo
    We are aware of the posts you are referring to, and thank you very much for expressing your concern. Although we do take notice of the forum community, we do not interact as we believe people should make their own decisions and be able to discuss them freely.

A certain individual has been spreading all of these posts on multiple forums. As to whether he is working for another company or doing this on his own, we are not sure.

To give you a run down of this situation, the individual first contacted us as a reviewer. However, we do our research on media contacts, and he did not have any credentials to speak of, save for one video on YouTube. His only motive to review our case was that he would take down off-color comments he had already made about our company.

When this request was denied, he placed an order when the iPad 3 case was made available. His communication quickly escalated into harassment and threats, at which point, his order was cancelled and a full refund was issued within the first 15 days (not business days) of his order. As a small business, we reserve the right to refuse service, but this was the first time we have ever had to exercise this right. The situation became so difficult that a Cease and Desist had to be submitted, which was ignored and continues to be ignored. We have ceased communication, even though he continues to attempt contact and has released my personal contact email on each forum.

Although we did have issues last year with delivering on a timely schedule, in no way were any customers denied refunds or cancellations. As you may be aware, most people are quick to complain, but not to praise. His claims of us going under are also unfounded, as we are backed by the design firm that created this venture. One glance at our corporate page is a small fraction of the caliber of Fortune 500 companies we work with on a regular basis.

I'm very glad that you have taken the time to contact us regarding this unfortunate situation. We have put (literally) blood, sweat, and tears into making this project happen, and no matter how challenging it may be at times, we still love it.

As a thanks, and a testament to our creditably, your case will be on the house and will be fulfilled in the first set of orders to be shipped.

Thank you again for believing in us, and I hope you enjoy your case!

Warm Regards
    I love this company. Your doubt is false.
    Thanked by 5:
    ejraneyJaysusliljewRySusieR 
    liljew likes this.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Even though I just received the case I ordered from Amazon, I will be buying a case from TreeGloo when I get some bills out of the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    dotism 
    dotism likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Im not sure about who or why TreeGloo is bringing up this issue they had but my experience is similar. If you like TreeGloo, thats great. I was simply trying to help with some actual information I found on the web along with my experience. People were asking about TreeGloo on the forums so I responded trying to help. Im in no position to tell you who to buy from but simply suggest what to do based on the facts. Regardless of what TreeGloo says, there is enough information on the web to back up my thread. An F alone from the BBB is pretty significant. As I mentioned, you can search yourself on the web and will see that others have had the same experience. Im not out to "get" TreeGloo. Facts are just facts and I wanted to contribute.

Why am I the bad guy for letting you all know about issues with this company?

Treegloo Review - COMPUTERS-SUPPLIES & PARTS in Sugar Land , TX - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Greater Houston and South Texas

Read this. Say what you want TreeGloo employee but facts are facts. You guys are shady.

Quote Originally Posted by 2700fps View Post
    Read this. Say what you want TreeGloo employee but facts are facts. You guys are shady.
    Contact them, express your concern.

The first contact I had with TreeGloo was at 3:00 AM in what I believe to be their local time, or close to it. They solved a support issue on the spot.

Contact them. Express your fears or internet-created woes. They will get back to you almost immediately. I guarantee it. It might help to have a legitimate concern, however.

Stop faking the funk. Either do due diligence or get out of the way. The internet is plagued with gossipers and second-hand inciters. We are lucky to have such an available company on hand making products we should support.
    Thanked by 2:
    JaysusSusieR 
    FD2 and joseanmx like this.

They have 4 delivery issues, and one actual complaint against their products. I have to imagine they have thousands of satisfied customers compared to what appears to be 5 unsatisfied ones. Most of them are delivery issues which could be the fault of the carrier. Looks like to me they are doing a great job.

The rating is pretty much worthless in regards to judging them. They are not registered with the BBB, which is why they get the F.

Most reviews of their actual product are outstanding. I would buy one if I didn't like portenzo case and price better.
    Thanked by 3:
    bed269dotismRy 
    dotism likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slashy42 View Post
    They have 4 delivery issues, and one actual complaint against their products.
    I have to admit...I spit beer at that statistic.

This company goes out of their way to support the Nexus 7 and you all puke on bizarre allegations.

Your allegiances are not only suspect, but pathetic. What in the fsck do you support?!
    Last edited by dotism; 07-27-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by slashy42 View Post
    The rating is pretty much worthless in regards to judging them. They are not registered with the BBB, which is why they get the F.

Most reviews of their actual product are outstanding. I would buy one if I didn't like portenzo case and price better.
    You don't get an F with the BBB for not registering - there are plenty of non-registered companies that have good ratings. I'm not suggesting that one should completely ignore it, but one should not take the BBB's rating with the same degree of concern that you might take a restaurant getting a D rating. Generally speaking, a company's rating will be dropped if they do not respond to and invest time working with a BBB representative who contacts them concerning a complaint - given that the company determined BBB registration to be a worthwhile investment, their preference to deal directly with the consumer rather than a third party is not inherently unreasonable.

While I'm a little surprised at the F rating, and if we accept as valid BBB's assertion that Treegloo is in the highest bracket in terms of number of filed complaints over the past 36 months for businesses of their size range and area of business, I personally would have no concern doing business with them (had I not instead elected to go with Portenzo based on style preference).

We have customer service experiences after a purchase when we experience some combination of unfortunate events (slow delivery, defective products, etc). This can go well, or poorly, but nothing will cause it to turn sour faster than when it is paired with customers who are overaggressive in their dealing with the situation rather than starting off calmly and only escalating at the pace that the delivered service indicates.

Their products appear to be of very good quality, and are generally regarded quite highly in reviews. The simple fact is, one dissatisfied customer screams more loudly than 10 who are satisfied -- especially in an anonymous forum such as on the Internet.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

The thread now stinks of TreeGloo damage control. There are more than 5 complaints and they are from delivery to service to quality and one guys has yet to get his money back.

Yea, were lucky to have a company that makes a case for the 7. Its called Portenzo, DoDo or RookCase or a multitude of others. I truly believe that most of the positive comments are TreeGloo people since I have actually experienced their pathetic service and read plenty of blogs on them.

This thread is now worthless with TreeGloo s propaganda to mitigate and smokescreen their true reputation of being the worst case company out there. You either see and know the truth or you are probably going to get suckered and scammed and if your lucky end up with some sh it case.

Last edited by dotism; 07-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.

The thread now stinks of TreeGloo damage control. There are more than 5 complaints and they are from delivery to service to quality and one guys has yet to get his money back.
    5 complaints... if we knew if their total volume sold were 10 cases, 1000, or 100,000 it might give perspective, but we don't know their sales volume. But we do know that that they sell a lot of cases, with more cases meaning that the # of reported incidents diminishes (though does not vanish) in relevance. Also, there were only 4 complaints, not 5, where the BBB did not feel Treegloo either successfully resolved or at minimum made a good faith effort, and of those 4, for 2 there was no interaction between Treegloo and BBB - which, given there is no association between those two entities, is no indicator of the issue. Nowhere does it speak to specific details of complaints, or anyone failing to receive a refund.

I truly believe that most of the positive comments are TreeGloo people since I have actually experienced their pathetic service and read plenty of blogs on them.
    Oh wait - maybe I'm a TreeGloo person! That would explain why I've been involved in threads weighing TG vs Portenzo and opted to go with a Portenzo, right? (again, choice of style preference, not based on web blathering by disgruntled people). Hmm... Perhaps thy cup runneth over? Are you a former TreeGloo employee trying to throw a wrench in the works for them?

You came forth with your comments. Let them sit and speak for themselves. By continuing on in the way you have been, you're really coming off more as someone on a personal vendetta than someone trying to make information available.

Please people, just stop. What do I think, well the dates of the complaints are spread out so obviously they can be a little slow at times. Anyone who orders a handmade case should expect that.

They have an f for failing to respond to 2 by the way. One complaint that isn't responded to can land you an f.

Short version, I wish the Treegloo guys the best but I'd buy a Portenzo because I like them better. Alas I have an iBlason that I'd love had I not seen the Portenzo.

Yea, were lucky to have a company that makes a case for the 7. Its called Portenzo, DoDo or RookCase or a multitude of others. I truly believe that most of the positive comments are TreeGloo people since I have actually experienced their pathetic service and read plenty of blogs on them.

This thread is now worthless with TreeGloo s propaganda to mitigate and smokescreen their true reputation of being the worst case company out there. You either see and know the truth or you are probably going to get suckered and scammed and if your lucky end up with some sh it case.
    Wow I believe civil action should be taken against people like this. He is literally conducting a proactive attack on a company with nothing more than the most basic complaints. Unlike apple I would support a case to sue this person for damages.

By the way I dont think they are the worst company out there. Enron perhaps, oh even better is the company that made the gas for Hitler's concentration camps.

Worst company ever. Can anyone top the Nazi collaborators for worst?

What about most incompetent? I'd give that to AOL's internet division. They allowed a huge market share to dwindle by refusing to admit that Broadband existed. Or Blockbuster for creating anti-competitive contracts with the studios that ended up bankrupting many video stores including themselves with the extreme studio rental fee.
    permazorch likes this.

This thread is f'ing bizarre.
    Thanked by 3:

What a worthless thread of just bashing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I'd never heard of this company, but this thread has inspired me to purchase a case from them and check it out. Thank you @2700fps

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Hmmm....2700fps just joined this month, at this time has 7 posts on this forum, and they're all bashing TreeGloo. Methinks me smells a troll.......

Treegloo did say they had an angry stalker
    bleedblue and Doc Marten like this.

If this is not the case the mods should remove the post or rename it so the company is not being slandered-losing business because of a disgruntled jerk.
    Thanked by 3:
    Doc Marten likes this.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dav2321 View Post
    If this is not the case the mods should remove the post or rename it so the company is not being slandered-losing business because of a disgruntled jerk.
    Agreed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I was also going to point how this person had a post count equally the number of post on this thread. I can understand how one person dislikes a company so much they do all they can. There comes a point and time though, where you need to let go and move on. Throwing a hot coal at someone only burns yourself.

To make it worse he did essentially the same thing over on the xda Forums.

Beware of TreeGloo Poor Quality Nexus 7 and total Crooks - xda-developers

All of these posts from this guy on so many forums just seems way too elaborate unless he was getting paid to do it.

It's everywhere but with different stories, and he keeps bumping the threads so it stays on the first page. The common theme is that his "friend," is a video reviewer. I followed the link to the video and all he does is push his favorite product, which is a competitor.

Someone said it very well on the XDA thread "this guy is a shill and a half."
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast