Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why use a Mouse on your Nexus 7?

I was going to get a silicon keyboard for my Nexus 7, but after seeing that a mouse would work on it too, I am thinking if I should get one.

What use would I have for a mouse?

I love RTS games like age of empires 2 and rollercoaster tycoon, can I get a game like that running and use a mouse?

Besides that, any other useful function you guys can think of for a mouse?
    "You keep what you kill"

Default Re: Why use a Mouse on your Nexus 7?

I didn't know you could do this; but I thought I'd give it a try. Sure enough the Nexus paired fine with my MS Bluetooth mouse. That gave me a finer control than my finger tips.

But the mouse didn't play nice with Ultimate Rotate (UR). UR gives me a landscape home screen. But with the mouse connected when I rotated the screen to landscape, the default launcher would crash. When I disconnected the mouse, the launcher no longer crashed on rotate.

I prefer the ability to rotate the home screens to the ability to use a mouse. So for the time being, I will remain mouse-less. Too, bad. I could see how it could have been useful once my case arrives and I can prop the Nexus up for watching videos.

Default Re: Why use a Mouse on your Nexus 7?

Quote Originally Posted by littlebone View Post
    I didn't know you could do this; but I thought I'd give it a try. Sure enough the Nexus paired fine with my MS Bluetooth mouse. That gave me a finer control than my finger tips.

But the mouse didn't play nice with Ultimate Rotate (UR). UR gives me a landscape home screen. But with the mouse connected when I rotated the screen to landscape, the default launcher would crash. When I disconnected the mouse, the launcher no longer crashed on rotate.

I prefer the ability to rotate the home screens to the ability to use a mouse. So for the time being, I will remain mouse-less. Too, bad. I could see how it could have been useful once my case arrives and I can prop the Nexus up for watching videos.
    It would work fine with a non-stock launcher and rotate with mouse.