Official google case

lasty12

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

Did anyone get the official Google case and if so how do you rate it?

Wondering if its worth getting when finally back in stock here in the UK..

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
On a scale from 1-10, I'd give it a 4. It wasn't well thought out at all. Decide what you want, and post in the correct sub forum, and we can guide you. A solid case would the Portenzo, a leather case, maybe an iBlason, then there are stands, rear shells etc..

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This one looks like a better version of the Google case Amazon.com: Poetic Smart Cover Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics

However it has no ratings. The Google case is too flimsy and the screen cover doesn't fit well.

I have and love this one Amazon.com: i-BLASON Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet Genuine Leather Case Cover (Smart Cover Function: Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep) Detachable Landscape / Portrait View for 8GB 16GB Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - Three Year Warranty (Red):

You fold the screen back to hold it like a book, or detach the inner part (it has velcro.) It's light weight and adds a little padding but feels good in my hand. After using it I find the naked Nexus too think and cumbersome.

This is the Portenzo case http://www.portenzo.com/# The Cadillac of all cases is their Alano model. The standard model is made of wood covered in leather, faux leather, or fabric. See the Alano video and fall in love.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebeccasm

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If case actually had a latch or strap it button to keep the cover closed it would be a 5/5. The cover is too flimsy and moves lot when using my N7. Right now I am typing on my N7 and case cover just moves to much you can feel cover shift that never gives your fingers holding the back N7 have any solid feel. I give the case a 3/5 besides the flismy cover the rest case feels quite nice. I have thought about cutting toe cover off but that would be tacky IMO. The case is just a place holder for my Portenzo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692