DODOcase HARDcover

booyahsaki

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I was liking the look of it until I saw it holds the N7 with adhesive. Not crazy about that (though I'm also not crazy about a lot of the ways the N7 is held into cases. Just haven't quite been sold on one yet, and am making do with a zippered sleeve.

Yeah. I can't imagine that adhesive is a good solution to holding a device in a case...in fact, that is an awful solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have one of these coming in, it shipped yesterday. Once i receive it I will review it and probably do a video comparison with it and the Portenzo case.

Reactions: dmmarck

Koui

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a week now. No problems with the adhesive holding the tablet securely. I really like how it's easier to pickup my N7 from a flat surface with the Dodocase attached. It makes my iPad/Dodocase toting friends jealous.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for a week now. No problems with the adhesive holding the tablet securely. I really like how it's easier to pickup my N7 from a flat surface with the Dodocase attached. It makes my iPad/Dodocase toting friends jealous.

Pictures please!?

thedudeduck

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was a little skeptical about the adhesive at first however it works great! The dodo case adhesive sticks inherently well to my nexus 7 and it will not budge a bit. Definitely worth the money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Here ya go:

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the photos. :)

I only want the case for traveling/carrying. I want to hold the device case-free in my hands when I use it so I'd be pulling it on and off the adhesive often... how hard is it to pull off? Do you think it will loose its grippiness easily?

Thank you in advance! :)

Koui

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
how hard is it to pull off? Do you think it will loose its grippiness easily?
It takes a good amount of effort to dislodge the N7. My case came with three tape strips already attached. I don't think I would want to remove my N7 on a daily basis but I suppose it could be done. The strips are washable which renews their adhesiveness.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I received my Dodo Case yesterday. Very happy with it. The blue color is very bright and the overall feel of the case is very high quality. The adhesive is very strong and requires much effort to remove the Nexus 7. This case is definitely a great travel case. That said I also have the Portenzo case and I prefer it to the Dodo.

Reactions: KitN

alee5

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
For those who have received the case, what is the little plastic thing on the elastic band for? Just part of the packaging to take off, or does it serve a purpose? Appreciate any response! (ps. absolutely love this case and surprised by the quality of it, will post more later!)

likewo

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
For those who have received the case, what is the little plastic thing on the elastic band for? Just part of the packaging to take off, or does it serve a purpose? Appreciate any response! (ps. absolutely love this case and surprised by the quality of it, will post more later!)

Its the clip to hold the elastic to the front cover for when you stand it up sideways.

The adhesive works great BTW.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
So if you fold the cover back behind the device it does not put it to sleep? I have a cheap, iPad Smart Cover knock-off that I bought on eBay that occasionally does this. If not, I'm ordering one of these. I like the low profile. I don't like cases with a big frame around the device either. As light as the N7 is I'm sure the adhesive will hold it securely.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz