Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe in hear say!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

The Amazon site shows the date pushed back from the original date (August 20), now slated to be available on August 25. While you can look and say "Oh, well the seller on Amazon is 'Exact-Deals' so is a reseller - they're just getting their stock later," take note that Exact-Deals is Poetic (or perhaps more accurately, one is the subsidiary of the other). The name may be different, but note that their customer service contact information is the same.

So if one site has updated date of availability and the other has not, the more recently updated (in this case, Amazon) is the more likely to be accurate.

Plus, the Amazon site is still hosting the 50% off pricing (effectively $19.95 inc. shipping) whereas Poetic's site has reverted to the full retail price of $39.95 inc. shipping (at least, I'm pretty sure they'd had introductory 50% discount on their home site earlier - not 100% positive). In either case, if you're wanting to pick one of these up, it's probably best to snap it up off Amazon now as I'm betting the discount will be lessened when they become available.

david02467

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize Amazon was offering a special price, glad i read that and snagged one. The order said arrive by September 4th but clearly anything is subject to delay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize Amazon was offering a special price, glad i read that and snagged one. The order said arrive by September 4th but clearly anything is subject to delay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I ordered one a few days ago as a pocketable solution, but I'm still getting:

When will your items arrive?
Shipment #1:
1 item - delivery estimate: August 23, 2012 - August 27, 2012

I have a hunch your quoted timeframe is more accurate, since I don't expect mine to arrive 2 days before it's in stock, nor for them to provide 2-day shipping for free :(

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Gah, I gave in to the pressure too, and pre-ordered one. None of the other cases look this good to me, including the much more expensive ones.

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Where are you guys seeing a September date ? The website states August 25th and my states delivery by the 27th

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have seen on the Xda website that someone posted pics of it. Looks a little different but still looks good.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
+1, looks like they've started shipping pre-orders for this case.

It looks like the Amazon site is being kept reasonably up to date with their anticipated ETA on shipping. When they flipped it from 8/20 to 8/25 availability, those who had preordered up to that point were still having theirs shipped on or by 8/20.

Dear Customer,

We are sending out all preorders on 08/20. It only take 2-3 business days to arrive. Order Placed after 08/19 will be shipping out on 08/25. Thank you for all your support on Poetic products.

Poetic Customer Service

Since that point, it looks like supply is falling behind demand - the ETA on new availability is now set to 8/30 for orders placed at this point. On the bright side, they're still offering the 50% discount off their normal price (which I suspect legitimately is a normal price, as that's what they're currently asking on their corporate storefront).

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just received this email:

Dear Buyer,

This is a notice regarding your recent order for the Poetic Slimline Nexus 7 case. Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that we have discovered a manufacturing defect in all of the cases in our initial shipment received today (8/20, when this item is originally expected to ship). The defect is regarding the auto-wake function of the magnet on this case; where when the front cover is folded all the way back, the magnet puts the Nexus 7 to sleep due to the magnet being too strong. Due to this issue, we regrettably inform you that your order will not be able to ship until this Friday (8/24). We sincerely apologize for this delay and will have the revised cases shipped to you as soon as possible. A new tracking number will also be issued to you when we have shipped your order. We wanted our customers to be sent a defect-free product and had contacted our manufacturer to immediately fix this issue as soon as we had become aware of it. We value our customers and strive to deliver the best product possible when it reaches your hands. Once again, we apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Customer Service Team

Reactions: dajack761

dajack761

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I placed an order for the case last night and the estimated delivery date range September 5th thru the 7th. Hopefully the defective cases are out of the pipeline by then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I placed an order for the case last night and the estimated delivery date range September 5th thru the 7th. Hopefully the defective cases are out of the pipeline by then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

It sounds like the defective ones aren't even being shipped out, but instead they're delaying shipment. I would hope shipping estimates are accurate at this point, though we'll have to see.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the defective ones aren't even being shipped out, but instead they're delaying shipment. I would hope shipping estimates are accurate at this point, though we'll have to see.

Amazon Tracking gives me this:
Information about shipment
Ship Carrier: USPS
Tracking Number: (my tracking number)

Order #: (my order number)
Shipment Date: August 19, 2012
Destination: (my town, east coast), United States
Estimated Arrival: August 27, 2012

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
August 20, 2012 04:40:00 PM San Francisco CA US Shipment received by carrier
August 20, 2012 --- US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
I'm inclined to think a few may have made it out before they caught the error.

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I got both emails. According to USPS tracking my defective case should arrive on Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton