Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

Default Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

I saw this over at XDA, and I ended up putting in for a pre-order. It says that it will ship August 20th for 19.95 + free shipping

Amazon.com: Poetic Smart Cover Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics
    Last edited by brandonx1000; 07-31-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

I'm ordering the same

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

sent my google asus case back for a refund, preordered this. Thanks for sharing!
    Venic525 likes this.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I have mine on order also.

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Looks promising, Thanks!

I look forward to reviews, and may order one if the reviews are good.

I just discovered this same case while browsing Amazon and was going to post something - glad I searched first. This seems to be the lowest-bulk case I've seen that offers screen-side protection and stand functionality (though I'm a bit wary as to how well it will balance).

I've already got my 'main' case on order, but this is something that definitely looks to be pocketable - looking forward to reviews!

On a related note, Poetic is also putting out a 'clamshell' style aluminum case that looks to be well-fitted (though I've never been a fan of clamshell cases). It's got the same release date and will be available in black and white
    Last edited by Jeremy8000; 08-05-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Correction (thanks PridgNYC)

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    I just discovered this same case while browsing Amazon and was going to post something - glad I searched first. This seems to be the lowest-bulk case I've seen that offers screen-side protection and stand functionality (though I'm a bit wary as to how well it will balance).

I've already got my 'main' case on order, but this is something that definitely looks to be pocketable - looking forward to reviews!

On a related note, Poetic is also putting out a 'clamshell' style aluminum case that looks to be well-fitted (though I've never been a fan of clamshell cases). It's got the same release date and will be available in black and white
    Those aren't clamshell cases, just hard backs, no front cover.

Aaack! Don't know why I was thinking it was. Editing my earlier post to avoid confusion.

It looks just a little normal, I am using this blue one, Ok, share it to you guys.

Buyer beware about this plastic cover on this thing. I rock a naked screen and this case offers no microfiber protection. I will not be getting this because of that and also the grey color makes it looks meh (even says black but its clearly grey)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Beach View Post
    Buyer beware about this plastic cover on this thing. I rock a naked screen and this case offers no microfiber protection. I will not be getting this because of that and also the grey color makes it looks meh (even says black but its clearly grey)
    Per the item's description:
    Technical Details
    The Slimline by PoeticTM for the Google Nexus 7 offers a sturdy folder design providing protection to the screen and the back of the device. The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions.
    You sure you're looking at the right case?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Proable not

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like someone already gave it a 3 star review without reading the description either.

Quote Originally Posted by pokingmon View Post
    Looks like someone already gave it a 3 star review without reading the description either.
    It's refreshing to see that the majority of people on the Internet can still actually exert some degree of thinking on their own. Regarding that 3 star review:
    1 of 122 people found the following review helpful
    I lol'd.
    anaptliver likes this.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Post a review when you guys get this. Looks great except the top/bottom don't seem that well protected..they should have made cutouts for the ports and wrapped it a bit more since it's just plastic IMHO...

Looks like they postponed the release, now it says August 25th. I really hope it's worth the wait!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

yup; XDA member got an email back from them and said some time in Sept; so i except it to change again

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I think they would have updated the website if date was push back.

Quote Originally Posted by fguills View Post
    I think they would have updated the website if date was push back.

A lot of small business (as well as some big ones) aren't very good about updating their website for things like that.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    A lot of small business (as well as some big ones) aren't very good about updating their website for things like that.
    I don't believe in hear say!

Quote Originally Posted by fguills View Post
    I don't believe in hear say!

The Amazon site shows the date pushed back from the original date (August 20), now slated to be available on August 25. While you can look and say "Oh, well the seller on Amazon is 'Exact-Deals' so is a reseller - they're just getting their stock later," take note that Exact-Deals is Poetic (or perhaps more accurately, one is the subsidiary of the other). The name may be different, but note that their customer service contact information is the same.

So if one site has updated date of availability and the other has not, the more recently updated (in this case, Amazon) is the more likely to be accurate.

Plus, the Amazon site is still hosting the 50% off pricing (effectively $19.95 inc. shipping) whereas Poetic's site has reverted to the full retail price of $39.95 inc. shipping (at least, I'm pretty sure they'd had introductory 50% discount on their home site earlier - not 100% positive). In either case, if you're wanting to pick one of these up, it's probably best to snap it up off Amazon now as I'm betting the discount will be lessened when they become available.

I didn't realize Amazon was offering a special price, glad i read that and snagged one. The order said arrive by September 4th but clearly anything is subject to delay.

Quote Originally Posted by david02467 View Post
    I didn't realize Amazon was offering a special price, glad i read that and snagged one. The order said arrive by September 4th but clearly anything is subject to delay.

I ordered one a few days ago as a pocketable solution, but I'm still getting:

When will your items arrive?
    Shipment #1:
    1 item - delivery estimate: August 23, 2012 - August 27, 2012
    I have a hunch your quoted timeframe is more accurate, since I don't expect mine to arrive 2 days before it's in stock, nor for them to provide 2-day shipping for free

Gah, I gave in to the pressure too, and pre-ordered one. None of the other cases look this good to me, including the much more expensive ones.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast