Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 124
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    866 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

    Default Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    I saw this over at XDA, and I ended up putting in for a pre-order. It says that it will ship August 20th for 19.95 + free shipping

    Amazon.com: Poetic Smart Cover Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics
    Last edited by brandonx1000; 07-31-2012 at 09:27 PM.
  2. #2  
    vzwty's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm ordering the same

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  
    limitproof's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    sent my google asus case back for a refund, preordered this. Thanks for sharing!
    Venic525 likes this.
  4. #4  
    fguills's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    I have mine on order also.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  
    junglejunkie's Avatar

    Posts
    565 Posts
    Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Looks promising, Thanks!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    I look forward to reviews, and may order one if the reviews are good.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    I just discovered this same case while browsing Amazon and was going to post something - glad I searched first. This seems to be the lowest-bulk case I've seen that offers screen-side protection and stand functionality (though I'm a bit wary as to how well it will balance).

    I've already got my 'main' case on order, but this is something that definitely looks to be pocketable - looking forward to reviews!

    On a related note, Poetic is also putting out a 'clamshell' style aluminum case that looks to be well-fitted (though I've never been a fan of clamshell cases). It's got the same release date and will be available in black and white
    Last edited by Jeremy8000; 08-05-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Correction (thanks PridgNYC)
  8. #8  
    dpridgen's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    I just discovered this same case while browsing Amazon and was going to post something - glad I searched first. This seems to be the lowest-bulk case I've seen that offers screen-side protection and stand functionality (though I'm a bit wary as to how well it will balance).

    I've already got my 'main' case on order, but this is something that definitely looks to be pocketable - looking forward to reviews!

    On a related note, Poetic is also putting out a 'clamshell' style aluminum case that looks to be well-fitted (though I've never been a fan of clamshell cases). It's got the same release date and will be available in black and white
    Those aren't clamshell cases, just hard backs, no front cover.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Aaack! Don't know why I was thinking it was. Editing my earlier post to avoid confusion.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    It looks just a little normal, I am using this blue one, Ok, share it to you guys.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Buyer beware about this plastic cover on this thing. I rock a naked screen and this case offers no microfiber protection. I will not be getting this because of that and also the grey color makes it looks meh (even says black but its clearly grey)
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Beach View Post
    Buyer beware about this plastic cover on this thing. I rock a naked screen and this case offers no microfiber protection. I will not be getting this because of that and also the grey color makes it looks meh (even says black but its clearly grey)
    Per the item's description:
    Technical Details
    The Slimline by PoeticTM for the Google Nexus 7 offers a sturdy folder design providing protection to the screen and the back of the device. The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions.
    You sure you're looking at the right case?
  13. #13  
    fguills's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Proable not

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Looks like someone already gave it a 3 star review without reading the description either.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Quote Originally Posted by pokingmon View Post
    Looks like someone already gave it a 3 star review without reading the description either.
    It's refreshing to see that the majority of people on the Internet can still actually exert some degree of thinking on their own. Regarding that 3 star review:
    1 of 122 people found the following review helpful
    I lol'd.
    anaptliver likes this.
  16. #16  
    kenyee's Avatar

    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Post a review when you guys get this. Looks great except the top/bottom don't seem that well protected..they should have made cutouts for the ports and wrapped it a bit more since it's just plastic IMHO...
  17. #17  

    Default

    Looks like they postponed the release, now it says August 25th. I really hope it's worth the wait!!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  18. #18  
    RawisTheGameHhH's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    yup; XDA member got an email back from them and said some time in Sept; so i except it to change again
  19. #19  
    fguills's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    I think they would have updated the website if date was push back.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Quote Originally Posted by fguills View Post
    I think they would have updated the website if date was push back.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    A lot of small business (as well as some big ones) aren't very good about updating their website for things like that.
  21. #21  
    fguills's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    A lot of small business (as well as some big ones) aren't very good about updating their website for things like that.
    I don't believe in hear say!

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Quote Originally Posted by fguills View Post
    I don't believe in hear say!

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    The Amazon site shows the date pushed back from the original date (August 20), now slated to be available on August 25. While you can look and say "Oh, well the seller on Amazon is 'Exact-Deals' so is a reseller - they're just getting their stock later," take note that Exact-Deals is Poetic (or perhaps more accurately, one is the subsidiary of the other). The name may be different, but note that their customer service contact information is the same.

    So if one site has updated date of availability and the other has not, the more recently updated (in this case, Amazon) is the more likely to be accurate.

    Plus, the Amazon site is still hosting the 50% off pricing (effectively $19.95 inc. shipping) whereas Poetic's site has reverted to the full retail price of $39.95 inc. shipping (at least, I'm pretty sure they'd had introductory 50% discount on their home site earlier - not 100% positive). In either case, if you're wanting to pick one of these up, it's probably best to snap it up off Amazon now as I'm betting the discount will be lessened when they become available.
  23. #23  

    Default

    I didn't realize Amazon was offering a special price, glad i read that and snagged one. The order said arrive by September 4th but clearly anything is subject to delay.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Quote Originally Posted by david02467 View Post
    I didn't realize Amazon was offering a special price, glad i read that and snagged one. The order said arrive by September 4th but clearly anything is subject to delay.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I ordered one a few days ago as a pocketable solution, but I'm still getting:

    When will your items arrive?
    Shipment #1:
    1 item - delivery estimate: August 23, 2012 - August 27, 2012
    I have a hunch your quoted timeframe is more accurate, since I don't expect mine to arrive 2 days before it's in stock, nor for them to provide 2-day shipping for free
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Poetic Smart Cover case (similar to iPad style)

    Gah, I gave in to the pressure too, and pre-ordered one. None of the other cases look this good to me, including the much more expensive ones.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions