Case Review: Blurex Slim Folio Tablet Case - magnet sleep/wake

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Case Review: Blurex Slim Folio Tablet Case - magnet sleep/wa

It looks to block 75%+ of the speaker... No Thanks.
Can it still fit in a Suit/Sport Coat jacket pocket??

My perfect case would be ultra slim with quality vintage leather, and a speaker reflection pad, or opening for sound.

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I ordered a case based on your review and it came today. I really like it and recommend it as well. Now I'm just waiting for a screen protector and my decal girl backing to get here.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Just got my case the other day as well, and I love it! Would recommend this for sure.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear that you are digging the case. Despite what some have criticized, I have not seen any real negative impacts with the rear speaker being affected much by the partial blockage of the case.

After about 3 weeks, this case has seen some pretty aggressive use...and it's still as nice as day one.

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just received my case and I do like it. What's the elastic strap for? To keep the case closed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I would contact the seller. I got mine several weeks ago and it works perfect. It maybe that there is a defect with the magnet used in yours...or the magnet placement is slightly off?

But either case, your problem specific to that exact case build, not the entire production line. I would think they will send you a new one as it shows the magnet is not working properly.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Just received my case and I do like it. What's the elastic strap for? To keep the case closed?

Yes the strap is used for when you open the flap all the way to the back side. It simply holds the loose end to the opposite side of the case/screen. It wraps around to the front of the screen and covers up the very top of the touch screen, though you can shift it up slightly.

rmeigs

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes the strap is used for when you open the flap all the way to the back side. It simply holds the loose end to the opposite side of the case/screen. It wraps around to the front of the screen and covers up the very top of the touch screen, though you can shift it up slightly.

It certainly can be used that way and could be useful, but I'm sure it is for keeping the cover closed securely when the N7 is no in use. A very common device on many covers (tablets or books) like Moleskine journals.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I just received my Blurex case and the on/off magnet doesn't work. I'm very disappointed. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jG4Y776pro&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just contact Alex from Blurex. He is very easy to work with and accommodating. I'm sure he would make things right relatively quickly.

No item, regardless of how highly (or lowly for that matter) regarded is not immune to isolated manufacturing errors. As unfortunate as it can become for the customer, it's the willingness and efficiency of correcting the problem that should be the next subject of focus.

I'm sure that you'll be fine. Once you get a correctly working replacement, you will be very happy with it. Make sure that your magnetic sensor is actually working on your Nexus as well. Test by using a small magnet over on the side of the table to see if it puts the unit to sleep.

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

The elastic strap is supposed to go over the corners and pulled to the fastener in the middle. I've seen many people keep it on the Nexus 7, it will show smudge marks if you leave it on the screen.

I love the Blurex case. Funny thing is that I wanted a case with a stylus loop. Now that I have one, I don't think it's that great. I had an m-edge case from Staples. The Blurex is more compact and fits in my jacket better. I have no problems with the cover turning the Nexus off when bent all the way back and I love the stand angles.

Last edited:

anon(205625)

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Hi all,

Considering getting this case (Blurex or Youmee, they seem identical) but have one question/concern. When the cover is closed, does the hand strap rub on the screen; and will it eventually scratch or leave marks on the screen? I found a review of the Youmee on Amazon that shows some pictures of "smudges" on a screen protector from the strap. I was hoping to not use a screen protector at all, but don't want the screen to be damaged by a case.

Anyone seeing any issues after using the Blurex or equivalent for a couple months?

leeloo67

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I just got one last week from Amazon and it is defective. The magnet puts the tablet to sleep just fine, but it also puts the tablet to sleep when the case lid is folded all the way back. I contacted Blurex and after no reply, contacted Amazon. They refunded my money and told me to throw the tablet away. They couldn't promise they could send one that works properly. Blurex eventually replied but there has been no reply to my 2nd reply. They seem to wait a week between messages.

I actually need two cases - only bought this one just to test it for a week (and it failed the test!). I just need to know where can I buy a Blurex case that actually works, and is there a way I can fix my "free" defective case? I tried to find the magnets inside the case with another magnet but no luck. Even if I could just remove them and have no sleep feature other than actually pressing the sleep button I'd be fine with that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to crash a thread about a Blurex case, but if anyone is dissatisfied, consider this slim Roocase. Very satisfied with it. Sleep/wake magnet works perfectly, without any problem when folding the cover back. Material feels soft and luxurious without any chemical smell. Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

leeloo67

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to crash a thread about a Blurex case, but if anyone is dissatisfied, consider this slim Roocase. Very satisfied with it. Sleep/wake magnet works perfectly, without any problem when folding the cover back. Material feels soft and luxurious without any chemical smell. Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

What I like about the Blurex case is the hand strap. Thin elastic holds the case fully open, and you slip your hand into the hand strap for easy reading. Takes a ton of stress off the hand as you don't have to grip the case at all.

Blurex replied to me again after a week. Looking at the latest reviews on Amazon I now see why they are taking so long to reply. Blurex replied to a few of the bad reviews and replied that without warning, Google changed their design of the sleep magnents. They can mail a stick-on "shield" or replace the case with one that works.