BestSkinsEver (Pics & Vid)
Following my HTC ONE X BestSkinsEver Thread: (which I also posted here on AC forums too)
I decided to stick with them and go for the screen protector only, as i dont require the full body on this tablet.
ive had the Skin on for only a couple of days, and its already looking pretty close to perfect right about now.
things to know:
- Wet screen protectors will always produce some Orange-Peel-effect, even if they say they dont - however, ive found BestSkinsEver to be significantly less than ie. Zagg's Invisible Shield, Bodyguardz, Skinomi etc
- Touch Sensivity is the same, as seen the video.
- Swiping has little drag as with any protector, it will never be as good as the naked glass screen, but VERY little.
- Use large bowl of warm water, add 1 drop of washing up liquid and rinse bowl until all soap has vanished
- Soak your fingers in this water before peeling off the protector from its backing to prevent fingerprints.
- Peel it off & soak the damn thing, shake off the excess before applying.
- Align skin completely before using the card/squeegee method of removing the water underneath.
- Grab a card, if possible wrap once in a microfibre cloth to prevent damage (not essential, just recommended)
- Squeegee from the middle outwards, and only Lightly press - use the side of the card, never the corners.
- If you need to re-lift the skin to re-apply, completely remove it slowly to avoid stretching and soak in the water again. (remember - wet fingers)
Good Luck, All the best.
- 08-03-2012, 10:15 PM #2
- 495 Posts
Re: BestSkinsEver (Pics & Vid)
Nice images, good clean install. I had, in my opinion, the same results with ArmorSuit. Completely bubble-free, super simple to align perfectly, glassy feel, no observable 'peel' effect.
One thing I notice as a difference about the one you used: while there is a cutout for the camera, the skin actually covers over the light sensor that is immediately to its right (I noticed that at 0:25 in the video). I don't know that it would have any impact, but thought I'd point it out.
- 08-04-2012, 08:21 AM #4