PS3 Controllers

Fres9056

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have several questions. But first I am able to connect a ps3 controller using an OTG cable and it worked out of the box nothing else needed. My questions are:

Is it possible for the ps3 controller to wirelessly connect to the Nexus? I do not want to root my device though' because yes I have heard of Sixaxis.

Second. Has anyone had any luck getting the controller to work on games like Modern Combat 3 or NOVA 3? For me, the games register the controller but none of the buttons are correct to FPS layouts and the joysticks do not work at all. (I cannot move)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the PS3 controller to work? I also have it connected via the OTG and mini-B cable. However, when I press the PS3 button, it just keeps flashing and nothing happens.

Fres9056

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The ps3 controller will continue to flash the entire time it is connected but you should still be able to use it. Even with navigating through the home screens. Just push the ps3 center home button to finalize the sync.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mackaroo

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
When you're planning to use PS3 controller for Nexus 7, download games from Tegra zone and make sure it says "Controller-supported". I myself got Max Payne Mobile and Dead Trigger (you can actually customize the ps3 controls in this game) and it works perfectly fine.

Just plug-in your controller via USB OTG press the PS button and use it in-game.

Montasim

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Its awesome to play dead trigger by ps3 controller in my samsung galaxy note2. Dies max payne works with ps3 controller. I plsy using cable. Coz I dnt wnt to root my device. And eagerly waiting for samsung exclusive gamepad.