1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default microusb to hdmi out

Has anyone tried a microusb to hdmi adapter on the nexus 7 ? I am looking into getting one to hook up to the tv to show pictures/etc when visiting friends but the information that i see online is questionable as to whether it works or not, or which one to get.

Any suggestions ?

I'm also interested in this. I haven't found info. My searches end up finding info on the old dev models and that it doesn't support it stock. But USB storage has been figured out hrough rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: microusb to hdmi out

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf217 View Post
    Has anyone tried a microusb to hdmi adapter on the nexus 7 ? I am looking into getting one to hook up to the tv to show pictures/etc when visiting friends but the information that i see online is questionable as to whether it works or not, or which one to get.

Any suggestions ?
    You can't just use microusb to HDMI and have it output video. That's not how video out works. The software and hardware both have to allow it.

Thanks. I wonder about those adapters for PC. USB to VGA for extra monitors. If there could be something made. Would anyone bother?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums