Car/Truck mount Solution for my Nexus 7

AL_M

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 7 Tablet Mount in Car/Truck

Purchased Nexus 7 for explicit use in truck as a Nav/Connected device. Looked to Ram Mount products to facilitate the mounting hardware as I have used their products in the past with my motorcycle etc. The ball and arm products are of high quality etc.

Ram Mounts USA
RAP-B-200-2U: RAM ADJUSTABLE SOCKET WITH OCT SOCKETS (Pictured in attachments, this the multi adjustable arm.
RAP-B-378U RAM FLEX ADHESIVE MOUNT SYST 1" BALL
RAM-HOL-TABL-SMU: RAM TAB-LOCK KIT SMALL TABLETS ( Not confirmed if this will fit Nexus 7.

with all this ordered and pending shipment I got anxious to get started on solutions to the mounting.

I have a 2008 Tundra in which I have a Pioneer Avic reciever/Nav unit. It is a good sounding receiver but the Nav functions are just barely useful. There is bluetooth phone but no AD2P streaming. I have been wrestling with the cord connected to phone and sometimes picking up electrical noise from vehicle.

Intention was to mount with the Ram mount products: described below and which may work very well for some. I have yet to receive the tablet mount setup so I have yet to see if their hardware will fit the Nexus 7. will update in post when shipment gets here.

For purposes of steaming via bluetooth I ordered the Sprint HTC bluetooth music adapter link here. Plugged into the front Aux port and easily accessible for occasional charging.

I have already installed a Proclip mount for my phone. I have gone through a number of different phones over the past 4 years ; iphone3, Sprint Evo, HTC Inspire, and now a WORK PROVIDED AND PAID FOR iPhone 4(Jailbroken with tether capability) for Nexus 7.

As I sat impatiently waiting for the yet to ship Ram products:

I gathered the Ram Products I had left over from other uses and looked over options.

The suction cup ball secured securely to the back of the Nexus 7 the arm attached and would attach to the camera ball mount I had. Now where to attach the camera mount.

Then I looked at my pro clip mount I have set up for my phone? image from Proclip USA site. It was a perfect location, as it did not block the installed head unit. I removed the phone holder hardware from the base mounting hardware and had the flat surface you see in the image.

I drilled a 7/32 hole in the center with the intention to screw the camera mount into the softer plastic and have it hold the Ball mount.

It all worked perfectly.

I could not run images in series here with the text so they are all attached. As I used my old Ram Products to mount in the truck succesfully I am going to use the yet to be shipped items to rig my other car. MB C300 Will see how that goes and update.

Al

AL_M

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
One of my first observations is that the screen is impossible to see if wearing polarized sun glasses, a common observation in other forums with certain phones. Will investigate some sort of anti glare screen protector. Have no other need for screen protection with gorilla glass etc and feel it takes away from an otherwise nice display, sure wish I did not need to do that, but... Will Update.

PthPndr

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
One of my first observations is that the screen is impossible to see if wearing polarized sun glasses, a common observation in other forums with certain phones. Will investigate some sort of anti glare screen protector. Have no other need for screen protection with gorilla glass etc and feel it takes away from an otherwise nice display, sure wish I did not need to do that, but... Will Update.

I'd like to know if you find a solution as well. I noticed the same thing.

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I gave up on polarized lens a while ago for this very reason. I prefer high quality Raban glasses with uv protection. I never felt there was much benefit from polarized lens anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC