1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official case in store?

Has anyone found a store that carries the official case from Google/Asus? I don't want to deal with the Play store again in case I don't like it.

Default Re: Official case in store?

I haven`t seen it at Staples, or Gamestop, or anywhere else really. If you wanna know more about the case search youtube. It`ll be easy for you to see that the case isnt worth the money. In my honest opinion there are better and cheaper cases on Amazon and Dodo and Portenzo make some of the best cases around. Just my 2 cents.

I see B&H will start selling them next week...

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I ordered a light gray one from B&H. Have yet to see another case that doesn't have that hideous fake leather look or is too bulky like those fake book cases. Also don't want the bezel covered. Official case seems like the best option for me.

Gamestop's website says they have low stock of the dark gray cases in store. But they are 29.99. At B&H, Sam's Club and other sites they are 19.99.

I bought mine at a local Gamestop. I really like it. It protects the N7 well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
    I ordered a light gray one from B&H. Have yet to see another case that doesn't have that hideous fake leather look or is too bulky like those fake book cases. Also don't want the bezel covered. Official case seems like the best option for me.

Gamestop's website says they have low stock of the dark gray cases in store. But they are 29.99. At B&H, Sam's Club and other sites they are 19.99.
    Dont want the bezel covered? Dodocase.

The Google case doesnt have a magnet for sleeping, but an XDA diy post shows you an "easy" mod. Frankly, there are many comparable, cheaper alternatives on Amzn. If you shop a local big box store, take the Amzn app along to see how much more you'd pay in person.

// AndroidCentral app on Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

I bought my Nexus 2 days ago at Walmart, and hey had a bunch of the grey Asus cases, probably like 8 of them on a rack. They were priced weird too - $23.88. There was a sticker with that price on every one of them. After looking around for the past 2 days for a case I decided to go back to that store and look again. They were all gone when I checked the rack, but after 10 minutes of digging through piles of strewn cases, I found one on the floor, a lite beat up but no worse for wear. I decided to get it. When it rang up with the said on the register "Asus Nexus Case - $23.88 - enter amount". The cashier then had to manually type in the price. I've never seen this before at Walmart. Being that they were each individually stickered, and the register wanted a pice confirmation, I suspect it's pretty YMMV whether they stock these. May have been a one-time thing, may have been a regional thing. It's a pretty decent case, and fits my needs, save for not having a reliable way to prop up the device, but I can fiddle with it to make do.

I bought a grey one at Walmart.