Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Game controller without rooting.

Can anybody point me to some game controllers that are known to work the nexus 7 without rooting? Also can an Xbox 360 controller with the adapter work without rooting? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: Game controller without rooting.

I can only speak for the Xbox controller and Dead Trigger and also Shadow Gun. Both of those have worked for me with just the adapter, no rooting.

I know if you do root, there's an app called six axis you can get and use a PlayStation controller.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I run otg cable with ps3 controller. All stock. Works great in dead trigger. Haven't tried anything else yet.

I have a wired 360 controller with an otg adapter and it works great. I have a 3rd party controller that doesn't work though

Quote Originally Posted by stkorn97 View Post
    I run otg cable with ps3 controller. All stock. Works great in dead trigger. Haven't tried anything else yet.
    Is it a wireless ps3 controller you are using? And you're connecting it to the OTG with the charge cable?

Quote Originally Posted by dodonexus View Post
    Is it a wireless ps3 controller you are using? And you're connecting it to the OTG with the charge cable?
    You can only connect wirelessly if you are rooted. If not, you must use a wired controller. I use a PS3 controller which works great for Dead Trigger and Shadowgun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

is this the same for the nexus 4 or will rooting be needed ?