Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Re: Picture of Your N7 Case!

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    I bought my tablet a couple days ago, so I haven't decided on what case I'll use most often. But for now, I hacked two cases together for a keyboard case:
    Click to view quoted image

I added this case: Amazon.com: 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case: Computers & Accessories with this: Amazon.com: Exact (TM) Wave Design TPU Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black: Electronics
    I'll use that when I want to take notes, but for use at home, I might just buy another TPU case. Or that Moko case .
    Does it come with the keyboard? and if so hows the keyboard to use?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    The YouMee, Poetic and Moko slim fit cases in this thread are all identical. Wondering if they are manufactured somewhere and sold under different brands?
    Anyway, I bought the Moko slim fit (not the 360 rotating one) that's like the poetic in the ops 1st post. I love it so much I bought another one either because of the additional N7 I'm probably going to get () or for when the 1st one wears out.

Just as FYI, the seller of the Moko slim fit I got on Amazon sent me and email and said I could return the second because they had a lifetime warranty on it, so if it ever work out, just send it to them and they will send a replacement.

How kewl is that? Keeping it though.
    Yea, I was wondering about why all of those looked the same when I was browsing Amazon!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    I bought my tablet a couple days ago, so I haven't decided on what case I'll use most often. But for now, I hacked two cases together for a keyboard case:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517e2xOi7OL.jpg
    I added this case: http://www.amazon.com/Tablet-Stand-USB-Keyboard-Carrying/dp/B004OB0EBQ/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LJKR5A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01
    I'll use that when I want to take notes, but for use at home, I might just buy another TPU case. Or that Moko case .
    Could you please tell me (us) what kind of keyboard you're using with your N7?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I love my rooCASE ultra slim case. By far it's the thinnest case I've tried measuring about .7 inch. Protects all sides and corners and has a large cutout for easy access to volume rocker and power switch. $15 FS Prime on Amazon

Amazon.com: rooCASE Ultra-Slim (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Built-in sleep / wake feature) Thinest Folio Case - 17mm: Office Products

Picture of Your N7 Case!-nexus7gp.jpg Picture of Your N7 Case!-skitchimage1.jpg Picture of Your N7 Case!-skitchimage2.jpg Picture of Your N7 Case!-skitchimage3.jpg Picture of Your N7 Case!-skitchimage4.jpgy rooCASE ultra s
    Last edited by 911C2S; 09-10-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I know as soon as I buy a one of these generic cases ill find one that I really love. I got 3 cases for my GS3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 911C2S View Post
    I love my rooCASE ultra slim case. By far it's the thinnest case I've tried measuring about .7 inch. Protects all sides and corners and has a large cutout for easy access to volume rocker and power switch. $15 FS Prime on Amazon

Amazon.com: rooCASE Ultra-Slim (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Built-in sleep / wake feature) Thinest Folio Case - 17mm: Office Products

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nexus7gp.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	37045 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkitchImage1.jpg 
Views:	759 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	37046 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkitchImage2.jpg 
Views:	743 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	37047 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkitchImage3.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	37049 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkitchImage4.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	37050y rooCASE ultra s
    Does the sleep feature work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    Does it come with the keyboard? and if so hows the keyboard to use?
    does come with the keyboard, but the case is crappy if you use it as is--three funky metal prongs are all that hold your tablet in place, and its pretty thick. so I removed the prongs and superglued a TPU case on instead. then I bent the (cardboard) spine to make it thinner, and I've been using it daily for note taking.

most of the negative reviews on the case come from idiots who don't understand what a USB OTG cable is, or their device couldn't read the keyboard. I did a full review on amazon here, but the keyboard works fine for me. My typing speed is like 1/3rd of my max (from 100 WPM to 30 WPM), but it's not bad considering how portable it is. if you have large hands, don't get it. play around with the way you type--I type much more efficiently when I'm not resting my palms and my hands aren't static.

works great for me because I'm using it to do research for a paper--I just take it with me, bring a couple books, and chill in a cafe--don't need to bring a bag or anything. if you want a fuller keyboard and don't care about portability issues, get one of those bluetooth ones. but if you want something really portable that allows you the option of typing any time, get it. different cases are designed for different purposes, so if you plan on using it like I do, it's well worth the $9 + TPU case/OTG cable.

One thing I will say is, that not all functions in a regular keyboard work on this one. I can't figure out how to do "ctrl z", but I can do "ctrl c/v"; "ctrl i/u/b" don't work with the word processor, etc--but that's probably limitations from the tablet or apps themselves, not a fault of the keyboard.

(btw, if you download the 'external keyboard helper pro' app, you can assign certain functions to certain keys--so I now use F1/F2 to control brightness, etc. they have a free version to test out features, I'd recommend doing that before dl'ing the pro version).
    amsparky and lpt2569 like this.

Here's mine, it's by Devicewear, called The Ridge. It's really nice and has a good feel, and is very slim. I can't post pictures here at work, but here's a link. I'll post some when I get home.

Amazon.com: Slim Google Nexus 7 case: The Ridge by Devicewear - Black Vegan Leather New Nexus 7 Case with Six Position Flip Stand With Auto Sleep/Wake (Cover Compatible Only with Google Nexus 7): Computers & Accessories

Must be a long ride home.

Here is mine:

Picture of Your N7 Case!-2012-09-15-14.17.29.jpg
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DrBunsen View Post
    Here's mine, it's by Devicewear, called The Ridge. It's really nice and has a good feel, and is very slim. I can't post pictures here at work, but here's a link. I'll post some when I get home.

Amazon.com: Slim Google Nexus 7 case: The Ridge by Devicewear - Black Vegan Leather New Nexus 7 Case with Six Position Flip Stand With Auto Sleep/Wake (Cover Compatible Only with Google Nexus 7): Computers & Accessories
    You were right, This is an amazing case. It's so slim, the auto sleep and wake works great and it just feels solid and well built. I've spent weeks looking at cases trying to figure out which one to get and this was the right choice.

where did you get that case from?

Quote Originally Posted by flipbeatzz View Post
    where did you get that case from?
    Who are you talking to...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Couple pictures of mine

NIce cases, amazon always has good accessories for phones and tablets. Love to find new things, Keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    Does the sleep feature work?
    s
    Sleep function on the rooCASE Ultraslim Folio works great. I have a video tutorial that shows it off...

Last edited by ChromeJob; 11-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    Love it! Where did you get it, and does it affect the speaker at all?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

I like this thread, thanks for the photos!

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Love it! Where did you get it, and does it affect the speaker at all?
    That's a Portenzo. Yes, it affects the speaker, it makes it sound better. Think of it as when you cup the speaker of your phone so you can hear better in a noisy environment.

A friend of mine is a professional sound engineer. I had him compare the Portenzo to a case that has a speaker grill and he picked the Portenzo.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

still waiting on my portenzo. I got the composition style case. Hoping it will ship soon.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Attachment 46857
    Not real sure if I attached that photo right.

It's a Flipsteady Pro and this is my personal case for my N7 that I bought myself. I then asked NewPencil if they were interested in a giveaway in conjunction with a review.
    You can read my review and enter to win one here.

Anyway, it's a terrific case, and it hangs on my fridge when nobody is using it. The screen turns on and off when you open and close the case. It's also really unique looking!
    If you are interested in getting one, I have a 20% off code for the Flipsteady Pro for the Nexus 7 in the review. Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I might be getting a Portenzo case for Christmas, but I couldn't wait and had an itch to be crafty so I made mine from scratch :-)

Inspired by Portenzo, DoDoCase, and all the tutorials/instructables I found on making book type cases and binding/making a hardcover book!

Sadly, I have yet to figure out how to secure it in place within the frame. It stays for the most part, like when I prop it up, etc. But it slides out every now and then. For day to day use, I use a Fintie case I bought off eBay cuz I liked the pattern :-P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture of Your N7 Case!-uploadfromtaptalk1353320955561.jpg   Picture of Your N7 Case!-uploadfromtaptalk1353320972536.jpg   Picture of Your N7 Case!-uploadfromtaptalk1353320982169.jpg   Picture of Your N7 Case!-uploadfromtaptalk1353320995154.jpg   Picture of Your N7 Case!-uploadfromtaptalk1353321005254.jpg  

Picture of Your N7 Case!-uploadfromtaptalk1353321014005.jpg  

^ although its not my style, best case yet...i dig custom stuff!! nice work!
    Thanked by:
    visa01 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast