Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Picture of Your N7 Case!

Quote Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
    ^ although its not my style, best case yet...i dig custom stuff!! nice work!
    Thanks! I bought my N7 after a party where my mom sister and I did the centerpieces ourselves, so there were lots of craft stuff lying around.

I placed a magnet in the cardboard I used for the cover, flush with the lining, so it functions as a smart cover as well.

I use it mostly for if I'm going to study out at a coffee shop so I can usually leave it on my table if I have to get up for a bit. No one bothers it, they probably just think its a journal.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Picture of Your N7 Case!

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy223 View Post
    I just got this case yesterday and I love it! I doesn't add a lot of bulk but gives great protection! Today will be the first day I'll be carrying it out of the house so I'll see how it feels in the real world!

Sent by an Android Guy using an iPad...

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Just arrived today. The Gumdrop

Very bulky but offers the best in nearly G-Shock grade protection.

I use this USB keyboard case - $9 from amazon - It is too bulky for me to carry around outside of home really but it works as my docking area keyboard at home and carrying it around the house just fine. The clips that hold the Nexus 7 in place are too loose on mine so I put a piece of rubber matting (2" x 3") under the N7 and that keeps it from sliding around just fine.

Photo shows unpowered USB hub with keyboard, mouse and pendrive all working at same time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture of Your N7 Case!-p1000866_small.jpg  
    ruger141 likes this.

Rio,

Have used the same Poetic case as you have (mine is Black). I really like it. And the strap for one hand holding is great too.

Got a similar one for Galaxy Note 2 .. but had to actually glue the Note into it as it was not a tight enough fit. But I still like it since it also has a built in kickstand method similar to the N7 case that is very handy for that big bad beautiful baby phablet.

J

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy223 View Post
    HEY! That's the same as the Poetic case ... someone stole the design!

J

Quote Originally Posted by 911C2S View Post
    I love my rooCASE ultra slim case. By far it's the thinnest case I've tried measuring about .7 inch. Protects all sides and corners and has a large cutout for easy access to volume rocker and power switch. $15 FS Prime on Amazon

Amazon.com: rooCASE Ultra-Slim (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Built-in sleep / wake feature) Thinest Folio Case - 17mm: Office Products

Attachment 37045 Attachment 37046 Attachment 37047 Attachment 37049 Attachment 37050y rooCASE ultra s
    Thanks for your post on this case. I made my final decision based on the extra pics you posted. Got it today, and it is really nice!

(was 24)

(was 20)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture of Your N7 Case!-dscf8140.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    This is the slim case that I ordered on Amazon in orange and also ordered one in purple by supcase. Very light and thin and it's leather. These pictures were taken from my Samsung galaxy note 2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    I have this one too in black. I find myself using it much less than when I first got it, though. I just love the way the bare Nexus 7 feels in my hands.

Wait, that's not creepy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    Does the sleep feature work?

I have this same case, I love it and yes the sleep feature works great.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AFM1204 View Post
    I have this one too in black. I find myself using it much less than when I first got it, though. I just love the way the bare Nexus 7 feels in my hands.

Wait, that's not creepy.

Same. I have a treegloo case (shocking i know, I was able to get one) but I find myself just holding the tablet commando

My three Nexus 7 Cases...

Google Tablet Case Nexus 7 Handmade from Etsy

rooCASE Multi-Angle Vegan Leather Folio Case

igadgitz Black Silicone Skin Case Cover with Tyre Tread Design
    Last edited by tonybyatt; 01-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.

I've got the ASUS/Google case, not so pricey here in the UK at 14.99 for an OEM case. It provides adequate protection for the N7, but would be nice if there were some stiffness to the front "flap" and perhaps some form of catch to keep it shut (I use an elastic band!).

I also have an IVSO rechargeable bluetooth keyboard that doubles as a hard case & stand, handy if you're taking it out somewhere, cost 19.99 from Amazon.

I think the Portenzo case looks great but one thing keeps my from pulling the trigger - I don't like the blonde wood around the face of my device. I don't mind it on the sides, but I like the frame facing me to be all black. I'm thinking about buying one and painting the top part of the wood black.

Out of my own curiosity I Photoshopped a picture of the case and made the top of the frame black - it looked so much better.

I'd love to see the Portenza case in person to see if this is a feasible idea. Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have the Supcase, purchased from Amazon in blue. Decent quality. Has the sleep/wake magnet function. Works as a stand in a pinch.

Its a bit of a pain at times to get to the power button and volume rocker, but I've gotten used to it. Notification pull downs can be a bit of a pain as well.

All in all, I'm happy with it. It looks good, and its made well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oops, double post.

I have the BELKIN CINEMA STRIPE FOLIO WITH STAND. Fantastic quality case. Very comfortable and stylish.

I'm using two cases. One is a neoprene sleeve by Built NY. The other is a Smart Cover type case by Poetic. Very slim fitting, so much so that it still slides into the Built NY Neoprene which is meant for 7" tablets without a case.

Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359225863.091467.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359225898.180602.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359225921.930946.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359225960.313903.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359226022.165030.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359226049.581758.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359226083.914666.jpg
    Picture of Your N7 Case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359226106.564269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!

^"Smart Cover type case by Poetic"
    That's my favorite so far.
    I wish they had just a flap cover like on the Ipad, but anyways,
    Anyone know of something super slim like this that also has a spot to hold a stylist?

Quote Originally Posted by Solchitlins View Post
    ^"Smart Cover type case by Poetic"
    That's my favorite so far.
    I wish they had just a flap cover like on the Ipad, but anyways,
    Anyone know of something super slim like this that also has a spot to hold a stylist?
    I was looking for one similar to Apple's Smart Cover and this one from Poetic was closest I could find. Thing is Apple's Smart Cover has a magnetic strip that acts as a hinge which connects to the edge of the iPad. Obviously impossible to achieve with the N7 hence the back piece is needed.

Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!

Default Re: Your nexus 7 case

I bought a Worldshopping Case that's white. It was one of the few cases that were white at the time. I love it and its magnet cover that secures the lid when closed. It also has the sleep/wake function. I bought it on September 9th and have no complaints. I've noticed many members of this forum seek a slim case. This case is not the slimmest you'll find, but it'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    This is the slim case that I ordered on Amazon in orange and also ordered one in purple by supcase. Very light and thin and it's leather. These pictures were taken from my Samsung galaxy note 2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    This is the case I have. It's great for light protection but offered nothing when it slipped out of my hands and fell from about waist high (and I'm 5' tall).

What I use

Its a very soft touch material inside btw.

It keeps my tablet relatively safe and so does my Armorsuit Screen Protector. Although I love the look of some of your cases above, I just can't give up the very nice in hand feel of a naked N7

Last edited by ruger141; 02-08-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Sent using TouchPal on my Nexus 7.

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

My wife found me a pretty slim case for my N7 while visiting Hong Kong. The wake feature works on the lid too. The case is made by Verus and comes with a screen protector.

Picture of Your N7 Case!-img_20130213_151611.jpgPicture of Your N7 Case!-img_20130213_151618.jpgPicture of Your N7 Case!-img_20130213_151626.jpgPicture of Your N7 Case!-img_20130213_151636.jpg
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast