Case Review: MoKo Slim-Fit Case

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Case name:
MoKo Slim-Fit Case

Purchase link:
Available through Amazon.com

Multiple colors available. Link above is for red which was used for this review.​

Design:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

This case provides a great deal of protection while still maintaining a very slim profile. The Nexus 7 is held snugly and securely within six soft clips along the top and bottom. The two clips along the inside corners pop on and off to allow you to set the Nexus 7 into landscape orientation. There are two grooves along the inside of the cover which the Nexus 7 sits comfortably on. These two viewing angles, plus a third if you lean it against the clip, provide very comfortable setup. A built-in magnet in the flip cover provides sleep/wake functionality which has worked properly 100% of the time. The inside of the case includes a handstrap for use when holding the device one handed as well as an elastic strap to hold the cover open when flipped around the back. As seen in the pictures below, the device can be held upside down without the device or the case flapping around. Along the back you will find cutouts for the speaker. I did not find the sound to be muffled at all. This case, in terms of design, has not provided me with any concerns.

Durability:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

The case really excels in durability. It is built very well all around. The case feels very solid in the hand and does not feel like there is any risk of threading coming loose or the quality decreasing over time.

Protection:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

This case provides a good amount of protection from minor drops as it covers the front, back, and corners. However, I would not consider it to be a case to use as piece of mind if you're the kind to be a bit clumsy with your gadgets.

Visual Appeal:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

Visually, I love this case. I find it to be very attractive and it definitely draws attention. And with various colors to choose from, it's easy to make your device stand out. It also does not cover the device 100% so the natural beauty of the Nexus 7 still shines through.

Overall Pros:
Very attractive design
Sleep/wake functionality has been flawless
Good amount of protection without sacrificing slimness

Overall Cons:
Not the best case for those that are a bit clumsy

Overall Rating:
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png
reviewstar.png

I would HIGHLY recommend this case to any Nexus 7 owner.

IMG_20120902_213231.jpg

IMG_20120902_213252.jpg

IMG_20120902_213302.jpg

IMG_20120902_213338.jpg

IMG_20120902_213352.jpg

IMG_20120902_213433.jpg

IMG_20120902_213532.jpg

IMG_20120902_213544.jpg

svimes

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I saw a review at Amazon that said the placement of the magnet in the cover caused the hand strap to be pushed into the screen when this case was closed. Have you seen any indication of that?

Otherwise it looks like a really nice case and I was thinking of buying it but am scared of it damaging the screen.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw a review at Amazon that said the placement of the magnet in the cover caused the hand strap to be pushed into the screen when this case was closed. Have you seen any indication of that?

Otherwise it looks like a really nice case and I was thinking of buying it but am scared of it damaging the screen.

I have not seen any indication of that. I know that they did a major revision of the case shortly after release due to issues. I ordered after the revision so I cannot speak as to whether that was an issue with that version or not. But I would assume it was either just an issue with the first version or a defective unit.

svimes

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen any indication of that. I know that they did a major revision of the case shortly after release due to issues. I ordered after the revision so I cannot speak as to whether that was an issue with that version or not. But I would assume it was either just an issue with the first version or a defective unit.

That is good to hear. Thanks for letting me know. The hand strap looks pretty useful.

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Great review of a great case!

I got mine a couple weeks ago, and I have no issues (other than feeling like the stylus loop was an afterthought--but honestly, that's so minor to even be an issue.) I love its durability, design, and excellent fit. And unlike the "sleeve" design of so many cases that have such a generic feel, this case feels like it was designed specifically for my Nexus 7. I agree with the "clumsy user" assessment, and considering I am one of them, I'll have to be careful.

Thanks for a nice review!

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one yesterday and it's scheduled to arrive Tuesday, I'm looking forward to it after reading reviews like this.

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this case for a couple of weeks and it does most of what I need it to do. My only issue is that I am a left-handed person in a right-handed world. When I flip the cover to the back and hold the tablet with my right hand, I have to dodge the curved clasp that secures the case when closed in order to get to the strap.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought one from Amazon and like it so much I ordered another to stash away for if this wears out. I then got an email from the seller asking how I liked it, told them I loved it so much I bought a second and the reason why, they responded that this has lifetime warranty so if it ever wears out I could return it for a replacement so I could just return the second for a refund (wow!). I told them I would just keep it because I might get another N7 when the upgrade comes out. I'm sure it will, hope the external controls and ports are the same.

I got black, wish I would have looked at the color options though. That red looks pretty good.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have this case in black. It's great. Also have one for my iPad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got it, love it.
Only thing I couldn't figure out is how to use it as a stand. Then after reading an Amazon review, it said, you have to pop the Nexus 7 out on the left side to place it in the grooves.
Fortunately it pops in and out without a hassle.
Other than that, no problems.
Highly recommend this case, you can't beat it for value and style.