USB OTG problem with cruzer 16GB

dmlarsen30

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to use a 16GB cruzer with my new N7, but for whatever reason, it won't mount. I have a smaller 4GB stick that works fine.

I'm rooted & using stickmount. The memory sticks are formatted FAT32. It doesn't seem like capacity is an issue as I've seen comments from folks claiming they're using 32GB sticks and up.

I'm thinking there may just be something funky about this particular cruzer, but before I give up I thought I'd ask If anyone can think of a reason why this might be happening.

Thanks

magicrat21

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I really dunno....but does this cruzer have the SanDisk SecureAccess software loaded? Maybe that is causing the problem. Just a thought.

dmlarsen30

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I thought of that too. I deleted the extra partition, I think they call it U3, and reformatted. I think i did use it with a password at one point, but I'm pretty sure I wiped all that outwhen I formatted. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems with Cruzer sticks since they first came out and refuse to use them. Gave them away and bought standard flash drives. It was a problem back when I had 3 16GB Cruzers that cost $50 each, but sticks are pretty cheap now.

The problem may not be the memory but the "reader" it uses. I have a 2.0 USB "reader" that takes SD cards (looks like a flat flash drive) and I can't format or use SD's over 8GB with it. It's pretty old, got a new micro-USB multi-card reader instead that works fine with SD, MicroSD, and MMS cards up to 64GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781