Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By tabletnovice
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB OTG cable for $0.83 with free shipping

Thanked by 3:
    robneilhendrix and PeteIN like this.

Default Re: USB OTG cable for $0.83 with free shipping

That's a better price than DX!

Ordered 2
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

I bought one of these cheap ones and found it did not fit right. The male end was too long and would not snap in place. Seller said they were all the same size and gave me a refund. Hope this one is better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    I bought one of these cheap ones and found it did not fit right. The male end was too long and would not snap in place. Seller said they were all the same size and gave me a refund. Hope this one is better.

Same here, way too long.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

its 88 cents now. still a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    its 88 cents now. still a good deal.
    How can it be a good deal if it doesn't fit right? Are there any other that work better?
    sledge007 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tabletnovice View Post
    How can it be a good deal if it doesn't fit right? Are there any other that work better?
    did you buy one and it didn't fit?
    if you are pointing out a post in the thread who said didn't fit was pointing out another cable which didnt fit and he/she was hoping this is better.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    did you buy one and it didn't fit?
    if you are pointing out a post in the thread who said didn't fit was pointing out another cable which didnt fit and he/she was hoping this is better.
    Not sure I thoroughly understand your question, but tntdroid mentioned it didn't fit. Several owners made similar comments in their reviews at Amazon, best summed up by this title "Excessive play causing intermittent connection."

Hey guys, what do you use this cable for? Are you able to connect a USB thumb drive for extra storage space? Or is this just for connecting keyboards or things like that??

Quote Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
    Hey guys, what do you use this cable for? Are you able to connect a USB thumb drive for extra storage space? Or is this just for connecting keyboards or things like that??
    I've bought one of these and they're good for the price. C'mon, for under a dollar, how can one complain. I do have to admit the male end is kind of long, maybe half a cm or less sticking out, but it still fits and snaps in. It's not like its going to fall out all of a sudden. You can use the otg cable for ps3 controllers for certain types of games, keyboards, mouse, USB Flash drive, external portable hard drive, and etc.

Right now I'm using this otg to connect to my 500gb Buffalo Mini station portable external hard drive. It works great with the Nexus Media Importer app unless you root and use stickmount. Even when my Nexus 7 was at 14℅ of battery life left, it was still able to power the hard drive.

A USB OTG cable will allow you to use a flash drive for extra storage. You'll need an app to read the drive but there are free ones out there.

Ordered 2. I think I'm going to mount a jump drive in my new case and I'll just plug I need it and it can stay mounted to the case when I don't. Also looking forward to using some sort of gamepad controller with DeadTrigger.

Received mine in the mail today. Works fine and my pile of thumb drives just found a purpose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

What else can you do with this? Might this allow me to hook into a projector?

I ordered one 9/30 from Amazon and it arrived today from Hong Kong. Worked OK to mount a USB drive. I still have plenty of free space on my 8gig N7 but this gives me options.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by amsparky View Post
    What else can you do with this? Might this allow me to hook into a projector?
    You can hook a MicroSD card reader to swap cards between multiple devices, you can hook a USB hub and connect keyboard, mouse and other peripherals
    Sometime when I am alone I Google myself!!!
    MicroSD to MicroUSB Adapter - @MicroSD2MicroUS

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Anyone else troubled by an item that ships across the Pacific Ocean (and, in my case, 2/3 of America) for under a dollar?

That being said, I ordered 2.

I had a heck of a time finding one in a store here. At Office Max the guy refused to believe such a thing existed. At Office Depot the guy had heard of them, but didn't have one in the store or online. At Best Buy the guy was fascinated by the idea --- was genuinely excited when I described it to him --- but had never heard of them before.

So thanks so much for the tip!

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeteIN View Post
    Anyone else troubled by an item that ships across the Pacific Ocean (and, in my case, 2/3 of America) for under a dollar?
    I was certainly dubious. I mean, international shipping is more than a buck! But it arrived ahead of schedule, fits fine, and works. Best 83 I've spent in a long time!