1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case with front cover that fastens

I like the Wenyi and Poetic Slimbook covers, but I was wondering if there is any case where you can fasten the front cover with a type of clasp or velcro or something? so it would be more secure in a bookbag where other things can push the cover out of the way and scratch the screen.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Re: Case with front cover that fastens

You mean something like the Poetic Hardback case that has a pseudo clasp? It holds on via tension/friction, but better than a magnetic closure. Several other companies (YooMee, Exotek, Moko, Blurex) make a similar, if not identical, case.

I've seen a fair number of them with an elastic strap that can be wrapped around the cover...

These are pretty slick. Color options. And the elastic band keeps the cover closed.

Quote Originally Posted by bitseeker View Post
    You mean something like the Poetic Hardback case that has a pseudo clasp? It holds on via tension/friction, but better than a magnetic closure. Several other companies (YooMee, Exotek, Moko, Blurex) make a similar, if not identical, case.
    Amazon just did a 50% price bump on the Poetic Hardback case.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bitseeker View Post
    Thanks. Did some more looking around and ordered a blue Blurex version of that case and and 360 deg rotating Supcase with a magnetic closure.

Looks like this one might fit your needs: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...available.html

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

+1 on the Protenzo book case. I love mine and it makes the Nexus 7 look more elegant. The build quality is top notch, and you can't beat Made in America!
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    Amazon just did a 50% price bump on the Poetic Hardback case.
    Yeah, saw that. What a deal!

If you're looking for something slim (can fit in your jeans pocket) I would go with the . If you want a nicer, "premium" case, then I would go with .

BTW. just came out with a case that uses an elastic strap to close the cover.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Anyone know how thick that Portenzo Hardback is?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Anyone know how thick that Portenzo Hardback is?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX
    The Portenzo Hardback which is exactly like 4 or 5 others is about 3/4 inch thick with N7 in it. I have the Blurex version and thats what mine is. I like these cases as they are super cheap and highly functional. Why spend $30+ on this type of case unless they offer better drop/break protection?

That Incipio one's cost seems too high, and I like the hook-latch on the end of the Blurex ones that helps hold the N7 stable when the bottom of the N7 slides off the indentation notch that holds it in the angle position. The Incipio one does not have that little hook latch so when your N7 slides down out of the notch.....then what does it feel/function like. With that latch/hook, it actually works well with this type of case to hold more comfortably in my hands in landscape mode. Its easy to go from it sitting on a table or desk in the tilted up slot angle to quickly grabbing it and holding it that way in landscape mode as the pics show. I hold it this way when Im laying down on the couch or in bed.

Case with front cover that fastens-case1.jpg

Case with front cover that fastens-case2.jpg
    Last edited by Rich215; 11-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.