Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speck Fit-Folio Now Available!

Google Nexus 7 Cases & Covers | Speck Products

Looks pretty sweet, multiple colors too.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Speck Fit-Folio Now Available!

That does look pretty nice. It doesn't cover any of the screen bezel, is thin, and lets you prop the tablet up. Looks like a good option.

That is one if the nicer cases I have seen... thanks for the link

Like most cases of this type, any kind of right or left angled microUSB connector will bump the extra material included around the connector receptacle.

I suppose one could take a razorblade to it but who knows why they never actually use stuff with their cases before designing .....

Looks like they're currently sold out of the case. Speck is actually going to be redesigning the case to be a universal case to work with both the WiFi Only and the HSPA+ version of the Nexus 7.

Speck Products FitFolio: Sold Out? | Neal's Unofficial Nexus 7 Blog

FULL DISCLOSURE: Speck Products did supply me with a FitFolio for the purpose of review. I do not receive any financial compensation for my reviews.

I'm using the blue colored one. Liking it quite a bit. Was using a generic Belkin book cover style that was designed for the Fire with the straps on the corner approach. It fit well enough and added little bulk, and I could tuck my stylus in the spine, but there's nothing like fits well enough versus designed to fit. I can't tuck my stylus in this one, but I can live with that. My OTG cable is a straight style instead of an angle, so no problems there.

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Anyone seeing any issues with these cases? I've gone through two already, both for the same reason. The piping/material on the top and bottom left corners (when the case is closed) started to crack and peel pretty badly. It's the place where the case bends. I personally don't think that was the best material for that part of the case as it doesn't seem to withstand to constant bending very well.

The first case this happened to within a day or two of using it. Sent it back to Speck for a refund and got another one, and now after a few days it's starting to develop the same issue. I see that this case is out of stock on the Speck site as supposedly they're redesigning it to be a universal case for the N7/N7 HSPA version. Perhaps I'll try again and see if the design changes at all because I really want to love this case as it's exactly what I'm looking for...I just don't think it should start to crack within a few days of use.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    Like most cases of this type, any kind of right or left angled microUSB connector will bump the extra material included around the connector receptacle.

I suppose one could take a razorblade to it but who knows why they never actually use stuff with their cases before designing .....
    Why would they design it to use a cable that isn't like the original?

Quote Originally Posted by greggov View Post
    Anyone seeing any issues with these cases? I've gone through two already, both for the same reason. The piping/material on the top and bottom left corners (when the case is closed) started to crack and peel pretty badly. It's the place where the case bends. I personally don't think that was the best material for that part of the case as it doesn't seem to withstand to constant bending very well.
    Do you happen to have photos?

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Do you happen to have photos?
    I can take some and post them when I get home tonight since I haven't sent the second case back yet.

I also ordered a RooCase (the UltraSlim one) and I'm starting to see the same thing actually. Right on the corner it's starting to crack. I wonder if it's just one of the flaws with this "vegan leather" that everyone is using...

I'll look at mine a little closer and see if there's any cracking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

I took a look last night and I really couldn't notice anything. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.