Best Amazon vendor for Micro USB and OTG cables

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I would like to buy 5 Micro USB cables for charging and a good OTG cable..

Can anyone recommend a good Amazon vendor? Searching turns up way too many results.

An eBay seller recommendation would also suffice although I prefer to buy off of Amazon if all factors are the same (price, quality, etc)

Thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought my OTG Cable from amazon and it was the Sanoxy brand. Its only .83 cents, but ships from china. Quality wise, you get what u pay for. I'm not saying the sanoxy cable is bad, just saying that for that price, there should be no complaints. It works, but today while pulling off the otg from my HDD, the otg cable's female part case slid back. No biggie though, I just super glued it.

If you're not willing to wait 2-4 weeks for the OTG cable then don't buy from Sanoxy. There are also sellers in the U.S that sells this cable but they run about 10 bucks.
When buying from Amazon, read the reviews then determine if you really want it. Plus, Amazon's customer service is great. Don't like it, return it,

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
For the OTG cable, I ordered this:
Amazon.com: PureGear Charge Only Cable for Universal Micro USB - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

$6.17 USD with free shipping. When you factor in shipping costs plus delivery time, most less expensive cables actually end up more "costly".

For USB cables, I'd echo the recommendation to purchase from monoprice, but if Amazon is the place you must purchase from, the Amazon Basics line is good quality for a decent price.
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters): Electronics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non