Seidio Active Case for Nexus 7

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the video, thinking of picking one up. It may be the lighting but the case seems to have a purplish tint. Can you confirm?

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind bulky cases but I'm not keen on any hard contact with the screen when closed. I could be wrong but it looks like the folded stand may make contact with the screen when the cover is on?

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the blue one , its great. The case make it a little heavy, but not much. Also the cover does not touch the screen.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today, went with the blue. I've gone through a smart Ebay cover, neoprene sleeve, and Moko case and the Seidio is by far the best quality. Having a stand that doubles as a cover is a win, win :cool:

Tyyr

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I got mine in red today. It definitely adds some bulk but I also have no doubt its protecting my nexus a lot better than most. The active cover is a great stand but it adds a lot of bulk, not wild about holding the tablet with the cover clipped to the back. The cover doesn't contact the screen and the only part that could is felt covered.

The quality is great. Everything fit perfectly the first time with no wiggle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine just came in today. I don't mind it being a little bigger. I enjoy the tablet more that I don't have to worry about dropping it. I also like that I can throw it into my back pack with the front cover on.

Coldar

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Been swayed in different directions on what case to buy to stand up to the rigors of being in a backpack but not only offering screen and all around protection but was functional as a stand as well. I'd been using a silicone skin by Amzer around the house but wouldn't do outside the home. (I'd been putting the N7 into one of those $1 plastic pencil box containers as its a perfect fit when traveling....heh).
Anyway the Seidio won out and appreciate the video as it was probably what fully swayed me to go with the purchase. The versatility of the outer shell covering the screen along with its use as a stand is perfect for my needs. Just ordered it actually and now in full anticipation till its arrival.:D

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just can't seem to find a supplier for this over here in the UK that sells them for the Nexus 7 :(

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

Last edited:

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the video, it made it obvious to me that this case is what I need. I'll be tossing mine in my back pack a few times a day between classes and need this level of protection.

Sent from my Full JellyBean on Mako

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just put mine on today. It is a bit bulky and heavier than I expected. A longtime Seidio user for phones here. Luckily AC has a 60 day return policy so I can decide if I like this or the $15 Case logic padded neoprene zip up sleeve I was using from Walmart.

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Bought this a couple weeks ago, definitely adds some bulk, and I actually prefer the additional girth. Handling the tablet is actually easier in this case than out of it. Peace of mind is also amplified with case, feels and looks rugged yet stylish. Very happy with it.

Coldar

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived yesterday and its perfect protection yet has functionality along with a quality build and a good feel as well. No regrets, in fact couldn't be happier. Having to cram things together for an on the go lifestyle? Highly recommend the Seidio if so.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Received mine today and couldn't be happier with the choice of stand/cover also. Thanks for the review :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up two, quality is outstanding. I like the rigid shell protecting the corners. I'd like to see some drop tests with it, who's first? :)

One thing I didn't see mentioned was the odor. The black silicone smells horrible out of the box.