Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By javierlp
  • 1 Post By jdauria
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommend a Keyboard for the Nexus 7

I don't yet have a tablet but I am considering the Nexus 7 32GB. But one feature for a tablet I would like is to be able to use a keyboard with it.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard for use with the Nexus 7? Anybody have any experience using a keyboard with the Nexus 7? Sounds like the physical connector does not have anything designed for it so it would have to be bluetooth?

Default Re: Recommend a Keyboard for the Nexus 7

I've used the HP touchpad bluetooth keyboard and it works perfectly.

The keyboard has wake-up and search dedicated keys that work with the Nexus 7, too.
    GuilderlandNY likes this.

I second the HP touchpad keyboard it works great and has full size keys but a small form factor that works. Bluetooth makes it nice and wireless without any dongle needed. Most of the function keys work with the Nexus 7. Only Con and it isn't even concerning the Nexus 7 at all but there are no F# keys so this is not a good keyboard for use with a windows system. I bet that is why it is so cheap. Can be found for around $20-$30.

Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard FB344AA#AC3 for HP 9.7'' Touchpad Tablet:FB355UA#ABA,FB359UA#ABA,FB355UAR#ABA,FB359UAR#ABA,FB356UT#ABA,FB359UA#AB,FB356UA#ABA,FB401UA#ABA-OEM Bulk Packing: Computers & Accessories

EDIT: Too bad it is now Discontinued sorry.
    Last edited by zedorda; 02-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Picked up a Motorola Bluetooth board with mouse nub on it when they had it on woot over last weekend. Works fantastically. Love not having to bring a mouse around as well. Picked it up for $30. Normally almost 100 I believe.

It has a touch screen why would you ever "have" a mouse? I wouldn't ask if there was a chance of using a full size monitor that likely would not have touch.

I just bought one of these () from Ebay, and it'll be a few weeks before I receive it (shipping from HK to the US.) It's Bluetooth, and doubles as a "cover". The design intrigued me, and the price was cheap. I'm not holding my breath, as I'm not expecting it to be a rock-solid keyboard, but its design does intrigue me. I'll write a review after I receive it.

There are many Bluetooth selections available on places like Amazon. Check these forums for various reviews.

You also CAN go the USB route, but you need to use an "OTG" cable (Amazon link) that are also described in these forums. These allow you to connect a fullsize USB keyboard.

Opinions about keyboards are VERY personal, as different people use them for different things, and people have different tolerances. For me, SwiftKey (phone version, not the tablet version) has worked very well on my N7. But then I use it primarily in portrait mode, and I don't type long content--for that I use my laptop or Desktop PC. (Of course, this new keyboard might change that.)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbarr View Post
    I just bought one of these () from Ebay, and it'll be a few weeks before I receive it (shipping from HK to the US.) It's Bluetooth, and doubles as a "cover". The design intrigued me, and the price was cheap. I'm not holding my breath, as I'm not expecting it to be a rock-solid keyboard, but its design does intrigue me. I'll write a review after I receive it.
    Looks like an interesting keyboard. Perhaps you could do a full review when you get it & have had a chance to play with it a bit?

I am also using the HP Touchpad bluetooth keyboard. I like the slight forward tilt of the keyboard -- very comfortable to use.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Heard numerous people using apple mini bt keyboard but for $70 I am a little hesitant
    DogPsyche likes this.

I just posted within another thread on the Logitech I'd just picked at. Works great for my needs and is built of good quality and feel/looks. I actually picked it up on impulse at a local b/m store. Retailed for $60 and the keyboard comes with a case the can be used as a stand for the N7.
    Last edited by Coldar; 11-26-2012 at 11:52 PM.