Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,213 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Default HDMI out adapter?

I have a OTG cable for USB storage but now I want to know if there is an HDMI adapter someone could recommend. ....

Default Re: HDMI out adapter?

Don't think it's compatible. Here's the link

Nexus 7 doesn't support MHL or full USB On-The-Go, but that's partly Google's call | The Verge

company says that the shipping build of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean doesn't support the Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) which would allow it to double as an HDMI port, nor advanced USB On-The-Go (OTG) functionality
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,213 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Subsound View Post
    Once I had the tablet hooked up to wifi, it updated to 4.1.2. Us this version capable?
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    Once I had the tablet hooked up to wifi, it updated to 4.1.2. Us this version capable?
    No. 4.2 (expected around the 13th) is supposed to support Miracast, though, so you can pick up an adapter with an HDMI output that the N7 would connect to wirelessly.
    Thanked by:

Any URLs or other info on how to do this and what adaptor would be needed would be a great help. I did do a search for Miracast but found nothing that would help with the nexus 7.
    Thanks

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Now that 4.2 has arrived the Nexus 7 doesn't seem to have an option for Miracast, it seems that only the Nexus 4 was blessed with this option. It isn't clear whether the Nexus 7 will get Miracast with a future update or not so I would hold off on buying an adapter unless you have a Nexus 4 you want to use it with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by: