Just a cheap zip up pouch?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Any recommendations for a cheap pouch to put the N7 in?

Mostly want it so I can throw the N7 into my suitcase/backpack when travelling. Doesn't need to provide too much protection, just to keep scratches at bay.

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ? If so, wow. That's a pretty neat website. They seem to have a lot of stuff. Is it a reputable online store?....

Anyway. Thanks Dr. Obvious. I was looking more for people's real impressions here with their N7. A lot of cases on Amazon are all over the map, with a lot of them having no input and a lot more of them filled with people talking about how their kindle fire fits.

-Suntan

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You should definitely look into igadgitz. Amazon.com: igadgitz Black EVA Travel Hard Case Cover Sleeve for Google Nexus 7 Android 4.1 Tablet 8GB 16GB: Electronics

This is a nice zip up pouch. I think the price went up a few bucks, but this is worth it. You can secure your tablet with the velcro straps and put any accessories on the side pouch. I do warn you, putting your charger plus the tablet might cause the pouch to have a harder time zipping up.
I can fit my Nexus 7 while it's in the poetic slimline case along with one otg cable, an external hard drive, and its cord in this one pouch. Talk about portability and protection. Lol
The inside is covered in a thin layer of cushion. The outside has a hard shell. I feel safe dropping my nexus 7 while its in this case/pouch though.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
jeez... I am hesitant to even reply after that, but what the heck.

I have this one in, and use it pretty much as you intend to use one. Let me know if you want any pictures, but it is identical to the user posted image on there.

I wish they had pink when I ordered mine though :(

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I do like the look of this pouch.

Let me ask you, do you think it would also hold a pair of these LG BT headphones in the mesh on the other side? The headphones are about 1.5x as thick as the N7.

Having a pouch that would protect the headphones at the same time would be nice.

Amazon.com: LG Tone - HBS-700 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Electronics

You should definitely look into igadgitz. Amazon.com: igadgitz Black EVA Travel Hard Case Cover Sleeve for Google Nexus 7 Android 4.1 Tablet 8GB 16GB: Electronics

This is a nice zip up pouch. I think the price went up a few bucks, but this is worth it. You can secure your tablet with the velcro straps and put any accessories on the side pouch. I do warn you, putting your charger plus the tablet might cause the pouch to have a harder time zipping up.
I can fit my Nexus 7 while it's in the poetic slimline case along with one otg cable, an external hard drive, and its cord in this one pouch. Talk about portability and protection. Lol
The inside is covered in a thin layer of cushion. The outside has a hard shell. I feel safe dropping my nexus 7 while its in this case/pouch though.

-Suntan

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I do like the look of this pouch.

Let me ask you, do you think it would also hold a pair of these LG BT headphones in the mesh on the other side? The headphones are about 1.5x as thick as the N7.

Having a pouch that would protect the headphones at the same time would be nice.

Amazon.com: LG Tone - HBS-700 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Electronics

-Suntan

Well, I cannot say it would or wouldn't fit because I do not know the exact size of those headphones. With that being said, I have tried to put a few things to test what the pouch can hold.

I did a few tests to see what can the pouch hold.
First, I put the Nexus 7 in a poetic slimline case then I put that into this pouch. I then put the wall charger into the inside pouch and I was unable t fully zip up the pouch. Only both sides can zip.
After that didn't work, I put the naked nexus 7 back into the straps faced down(to save the screen from damage from the other items inside the pouch). Once again, I put the wall charger along with its cord inside the pouch and viola, it zipped right up, but with a bit of pressure from the zippers pressing the charger onto the nexus 7. That's why I had it faced down.
After that worked, I stuffed my 2.5mm portable external hard drive with its cord and an otg cable and zipped everything up. Sure, it feels kind of tight with all those things inside, but I think it wouldnt be a problem.

Now, if your headphones are smaller in width than the Asus wall charger, then it will fit inside. Good luck!

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
The OP has probably gotten his pouch/sleeve but I use this one. Like it a lot as the side pouch holds a charger, USB cable and OTG adapter. Paid about $14 for it. This not the same case as the Walmart one.

Personally, I prefer using my N7 bare so the fancy cases with folding covers don't do it for me.
CaseLogic_85854221900_sized_340x340.jpg

7" Tablet Sleeve - LNEO-7-BLACK | Caselogic

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This isn't what you're looking for, but I figured I should put it out there: the dollar tree has neoprene pouches that fit the N7. They're pretty thin and don't have any mechanism for closure, but I snagged one anyway for when I need something cushiony instead of a hard case. Every time I drop by the dollar store, I feel like a kid inside FAO Schwartz lol.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually did end up getting this one for about $10 on amazon. I like the small zip pocket on the side. It works well to hold a small charger, headphones and OTG cable/USB flash drive.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Suntan

The OP has probably gotten his pouch/sleeve but I use this one. Like it a lot as the side pouch holds a charger, USB cable and OTG adapter. Paid about $14 for it. This not the same case as the Walmart one.

Personally, I prefer using my N7 bare so the fancy cases with folding covers don't do it for me.
http://static-caselogic-com.r.world...70267/CaseLogic_85854221900_sized_340x340.jpg
7" Tablet Sleeve - LNEO-7-BLACK | Caselogic