What's your favorite Nexus 7 accessory?

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I would have to say the Bamboo Solo Stylus. Great for drawing on Autodesk sketchbook pro on the go. A whole lot better than using my fingers.

EDIT: This is definitely to get an idea what people like using and introduce people to some awesome accessories!

Last edited:

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Got to be my Poetic Slimline smart case. I never thought how useful it'll be. The company has outstanding customer service. One of the best I've ever dealt with.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My ear buds are my fav accessory, but I also like $9 keyboard case, OTG cables, screen cleaner cloth.
The built in speaker-sound on the N7 sucks like a hoover, hehe.

Still looking at "travel cases" - the keyboard case (USB) is too thick for travel but not heavy so it stays at home AND a stylus.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
+1 for bamboo stylus! Hopefully my portenzo alano that should be coming this week will become a favorite as well (considering the price)

Nexus 7

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My foldable bluetooth keyboard (review here):
miscp.jpg

Folds down to about 5.5" x 3.5" .5", so it's ultra portable. Seems to hold a charge pretty well, I've been using it consistently since Thursday and I haven't had to recharge it yet. :D every time I use it, someone asks me about my little N7/folding keyboard getup.

I was using my $9 keyboard case/TPU case combo for a couple months, up until my OTG cable died on me:
517e2xOi7OL.jpg

The OTG cable started disconnecting at the slightest touch and even just on its own--when it did it, would make my apps refresh/freeze up. I caved in and figured bluetooth was the way to go. (that's an old pic from when I just got it; I started wrapping the cable up and around the case so it shouldn't have wiggled out loose or anything).

wilderthing

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The sleeve that came with my old blackberry playbook- fits perfect and since I got rid of that (imo) POS (playbook) it wasn't being used for any thing.

-Also its the only accessory I really use lol.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I was using my $9 keyboard case/TPU case combo for a couple months, up until my OTG cable died on me:

I just stuck a scrap of thin rubber matting under the N7 on that keyboard case to stop it from sliding around - works great now with the original clip arrangement intact. ;D

Which case is that tan colored one ? I like the look of it with no apparent obstructions on the end with the microUSB and earphones plugs.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Got to be my Poetic Slimline smart case. I never thought how useful it'll be. The company has outstanding customer service. One of the best I've ever dealt with.

+1, I love the Poetic Slimline case. I also loved being able to bluetooth stream to my Alpine stereo in my car on a 2k mile drive recently.

I have a bluetooth keyboard I never use.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just stuck a scrap of thin rubber matting under the N7 on that keyboard case to stop it from sliding around - works great now with the original clip arrangement intact. ;D

Which case is that tan colored one ? I like the look of it with no apparent obstructions on the end with the microUSB and earphones plugs.

good to know, thanks! is your OTG cable sensitive too (e.g. it disconnects very easily) or does it work pretty well?

I just got this case a week ago: Amazon.com: FINTIE Map Design 360 Rotating Leather Stand Case with Automatic Sleep/Wake Feature for Google Asus Nexus 7-Inch Android Tablet: Computers & Accessories it's one of those 360* rotating cases. The front flap is a huge pain in the butt since it doesn't snap shut (you have to secure it with the elastic band); not to mention, the auto sleep/wake barely works. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but I've gotten used to it--it's cheap, and the design is a fun change from the usual faux black leather.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
good to know, thanks! is your OTG cable sensitive too (e.g. it disconnects very easily) or does it work pretty well?

I got 3 OTG cable adapters and 2 plain OTG adapters and have been messing around with many keyboards, mice, USB drives of various sizes and forms. No problems with any of them other than the little elago usb to microSDHC adapters had one DOA - but they replaced it with no charge to me. Here are some pix from my USB HUB etc with keyboard, mouse, and USB Pendrive all connected at the same time (using Nexus Media Importer unrooted).

I was impressed that they all worked at the same time.

Attachments

• P1000866_small.jpg
    P1000866_small.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1000870_small.jpg
    P1000870_small.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 168
  • P1000875_small.jpg
    P1000875_small.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 168

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I got 3 OTG cable adapters and 2 plain OTG adapters and have been messing around with many keyboards, mice, USB drives of various sizes and forms. No problems with any of them other than the little elago usb to microSDHC adapters had one DOA - but they replaced it with no charge to me. Here are some pix from my USB HUB etc with keyboard, mouse, and USB Pendrive all connected at the same time (using Nexus Media Importer unrooted).

I was impressed that they all worked at the same time.

Where did you get that hub?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get that hub?

Amazon + BestDealUSA ---- it's a cube shape about 2" x 2" x 1.5" --- not especially pocketable but it has all the Memory Card plugin slots and a plug for a power adapter (gotta buy that separately or use one you have - they r cheap)

Amazon.com: Neewer 3 Port USB 2.0 Hub TF Micro SD MS M2 Memory Card Reader: Computers & Accessories

BestDealUSA has all of the USB OTG adapters and OTG cables too. Their first shipment got lost/messed up but they reshipped my order when notified so, a decent outfit and on the east coast USA as opposed to Hong Kong. ;D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7