Ear buds or HeadSet (Q)

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 running JB 4.2. unlocked and rooted. I can't seam to get the the volume up and down and pause play buttons to work on any of my headsets. I have ones from an iPhone and 3 or four like the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones. I have tried Akimbo player, Audiobook Player 2 and the stock Play Music. I have also tried Headset Button Controller.
I have had no luck and its really my only complaint with the first Android device I have owned.
Any and all help will be much appreciated and I hope I will be helping others as soon as I get up to speed on android.

PS: Moving from iOS devices.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 running JB 4.2. unlocked and rooted. I can't seam to get the the volume up and down and pause play buttons to work on any of my headsets. I have ones from an iPhone and 3 or four like the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones. I have tried Akimbo player, Audiobook Player 2 and the stock Play Music. I have also tried Headset Button Controller.
I have had no luck and its really my only complaint with the first Android device I have owned.
Any and all help will be much appreciated and I hope I will be helping others as soon as I get up to speed on android.

is one bump ok?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 doesn't support wired headsets, it just has a regular headphone socket. It does support Bluetooth headsets though.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much personal preference isn't it ?

I like earbuds on the road - because they take up less space and weight but use better quality earphones when at home-base because they sound so much better.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

It's one of my big disappointments with my Nexus 7 - the headphone jack is only a headphone jack, and does not have integrated microphone support. That microphone support is what's used by not only microphones, but in-line controllers, and other accessories like the Square payment credit card reader.

Pretty much personal preference isn't it ?

I like earbuds on the road - because they take up less space and weight but use better quality earphones when at home-base because they sound so much better.

You may want to actually take the time to read the original post in a thread before replying. His question had nothing to do with preference of headphone style (though that's what I was also expecting from the thread title).

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You may want to actually take the time to read the original post in a thread before replying. His question had nothing to do with preference of headphone style (though that's what I was also expecting from the thread title).

LOL -- you may want to take the time to find a question in the original post versus the thread title. So which is right, the content without a question or the title ?

It's all a matter of personal interpretation isn't it ? After reading it all again more literally, I have decided that the gent may perhaps need help finding the volume button and we all missed the point. /sarc

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 running JB 4.2. unlocked and rooted. I can't seam to get the the volume up and down and pause play buttons to work on any of my headsets. ... .
Hmmm ... doesn't seem to me like you left much of anything open to interpretation in your post.

Unfortunately, as you've seen in another response, the headphone jack is only for headphones not a microphone or anything else that may try to talk to the tablet.