Which USB OTG cable fits perfectly on Nexus 7 32gb

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Are there any of these OTG's that have the 90 degree pointing in the other direction? I was thinking this would be a great solution for streaming movies or something but if its pointing up (?) wouldn't that defeat the purpose? This is all taking into consideration mine will be in a case that only allows it to be propped up in landscape with the volume buttons up, which again, by the look of angles would mean all the OTG's linked will be dangling there hung over twisting on the micro usb port rather than hanging down nicely with any weight resting on the tabletop.

these kind - some follks report they work - for the price you can try it and see

Pair Left Right 90D Angled Micro USB B Male to USB Female Host OTG Adapter | eBay

xender69

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
bigtroutz,

Can you please tell me what that device is on your second picture where you have the tablet and other USB devices plugged into. It looks like something that I will need.

Tks.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
bigtroutz,

Can you please tell me what that device is on your second picture where you have the tablet and other USB devices plugged into. It looks like something that I will need.

Tks.

That is an unpowered 3 port hub + universal Flash Memory reader adapter. Cost 4 bux or so from amazon. I got mine from BestUSA or something but here is one that looks similar

Amazon.com: Neewer 3 Port USB 2.0 Hub TF Micro SD MS M2 Memory Card Reader: Electronics

If you are going to use external USB devices or hard drives for long periods, you should purchase a powered hub so they don't suck the N7 battery dry too fast. I have this one and it works well.

Amazon.com: Plugable 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with 3A Power Adapter: Electronics

stoner77777

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which USB OTG cable fits perfectly on Nexus 10 tablet

im new at this thing but i got to say thanks this is a great website i got the otg cable at.... fry's..... here in los angeles an it work very well i use the ....zeikos sd/mmc high speed adapter... with a 32 samsung high speed sd card..... i din't need a flash drive...so if you have an sd card adapter you're good to go. also you got to buy the app from google((((nexus media importer)))) it cost les then 3 dollars

nebulaicxibalba

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Hi, can you provide a link to the adapter? I've been searching but only getting the one with cable.

im on my 3rd OTG now. the first OTG started having problems after a lil while, must have been pressure from the weight of the usb drive cos it was always curved down when in use. i had to hold it straight or curved upwards to get it to work. the secnd OTG's pin was too long, still working but i wasnt too keen on that so i got a third one. the third one is an adapter so no bent cable. will see how long that will last. All in all, i would say handle OTGs with care.

UPDATE: been on the hunt since I've seen this video
After seeing how ample these no-cable-right-angled adapters were in Japan, and not so much on English websites, I turned to Google translate.
Vendor: pocketgames

Shipping is via EMS ( in "Check Rates & Delivery Dates"). It's $12.50 shipping (2-3 days from Japan to US).
750? or $8.13 for the adapter.
For my preference of using my N7 (digital sheet music, movies, music, and general wifi) I wanted to avoid the possibility of having the plug insert damaged or loosened due to a hanging cable that would probably slide around on the music stand, or dangle and sway when I'm holding the tablet.
Just my preference for my $200 mid-life crisis. I'll update once I receive the adapter.

2nd Update (2 days from 1st update):
Just received the usb adapter, and am currently typing this off my wireless logitech mouse and keyboard, connected to a 4-port usb hub into the adapter (just for functions testing).

The adapter's great, just as seen in the youtube link above, it's not so obtrusive, and is right-angled so that the longer side is against the tablet. Also it's width is just about the same width as the tablet, so it feels almost flush (tablet kind of curves).

I didn't root or anything (yet). Wanted to figure out all the quirks before I really sank my teeth in.
Right now, I'm concerned about this multi-touch bug that's apparent in all models (but that's for another topic).

3rd Update (final):
Seidio Active case with Multi-Purpose stand
Seidio Active case with Multi-Purpose stand

7" Case Logic bag
for lugging around on trips.

32gb Transcend Flash drive
for the read/write speeds for movies, though I'm still looking for a micro USB drive that won't stop working in half a year (based on the reviews I've read).

The Seidio does add some girth to the tablet, but I can still manage to get the zipper around and closed on the Case Logic. I'm thinking it will stretch to comfort in time.

Last edited:

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 7 will NOT recognize the OTG cable or the connected device. I've gotten it to work a few times (mostly the PS3 controller is what I want to get to work) but 99% of the time it will just not respond to the device being connected. I know it's not the cable because it works on my room mate's Galaxy 3 phone just fine, so it must be something with my device. And on another note, it also does not work with my Nexus S phone. I have to assume it must be a defect in my devices or perhaps some setting I have turned off? Can anyone help? I have 2 different OTG cords, have tried both with various other cords. All I want is the PS3 controller to work, I guess my last resort would be to figure out how to root my tablet and use the Bluetooth connection instead but I'd rather just use the cord and not root.

L Bonar

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJGYFFlLe3qSvBRcb0C6Yh!~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16VHJGYFFlLe3qSvBRcb0C6Yh!~~60_57.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 15
  • $T2eC16ZHJGEFFm-5brogBRcbMlmtLw~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16ZHJGEFFm-5brogBRcbMlmtLw~~60_57.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 13
  • $T2eC16ZHJF8FFqJKc1LoBRcbMcWP!g~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16ZHJF8FFqJKc1LoBRcbMcWP!g~~60_57.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 13

nebulaicxibalba

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That looks ideal! Do you think it would go around a case? I'm awaiting my Seidio Active case with kickstand to come in today. If I was keeping the bare feel of the tablet, I'd definitely spring for one.

jonhan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That looks ideal! Do you think it would go around a case? I'm awaiting my Seidio Active case with kickstand to come in today. If I was keeping the bare feel of the tablet, I'd definitely spring for one.

It works with the TPU case I use. If the USB charging cable fits the case, this should also fit.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate the e-bay link as I was quite reserved in buying unless it was the right one and without issues. Just placed my order in fact. Anxious for its arrival now.

One thing to note when buying from eBay: Check out if the seller is located in the USA or outside the USA. I'm not saying you can't get quality products from outside the US, you can. But, if the price is too good to be true, it may be an indicator of a second-rate product. Also, the shipping time is always good from US locations.

hailpharaoh

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought this cable from eBay for the very reasons you stated.

Micro USB OTG Cable Nexus 7 | eBay

I found this based on what one of the Amazon reviewers wrote in his review of one of the cheap cables that he was dissatisfied with. Yes, this eBay cable is $2 more, but I didn't feel like dealing with a reorder if I happened to get some cheaper one with too long or short of a plug. I also could have ordered three cheap ones in case some didn't fit, but then the price would have been about the same as buying the more expensive one that seemed to have a good reputation.

This eBay version is well made and fits perfectly. It arrived within a few days, having shipped from Northern California, which is also where I'm located. I'm happy I went this route, and would buy it again if I needed another.

By the way, good question to bring up,especially as you stated it regarding mixed reviews for cheap cables.

This item is no longer for sell. Do you have another alternative that works just as well?

ThurstonX

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
After buying some real POS cable from Amazon (EarlyBirdSavings; connector too long; totally unreliable connection), I got a StarTech (from Amazon). Perfect fit, nice and snug; better than the power/data cable that came with the N7. The StarTech isn't cheap, but it was worth it.

f4iguy

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the name of this "specialty cable" would be? I ordered it from this same guy on ebay and almost 2 weeks later i still havent received it. I want to look elsewhere but i have no idea what its called.,
Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX