Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

zeroality

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Shelley Mitchell

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my Nexus 7 - was using a sponge tipped stylus my daughter gave me - extra from her iPad collection. It stinks trying to use it... it doesn't glide across the screen at all. Do I need a new stylus (if so, any recommendations?) or remove the screen protector? Thanks!

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zagg screen protector on my GN7 (August purchase) and am now on my 2nd stylus (Wacom Bamboo Stylus Solo - Model CS100K). My 1st stylus (BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus) lasted barely 3 months before the mesh fabric tip began to wear-down. My daughter also used the BoxWave stylus on her iPad tablet (minus the screen protector), and her mesh tip has shown little wear & tear. In researching this issue, I read several opinions that the screen protector should be cleaned 2-3 times a week with a damp microfiber cloth to improve the traction for the stylus.

herojuana

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
At first I hated the idea of a stylus, never really saw the point of it. I ended up finding a Targus stylus on sale for a few bucks and figured I might as well just try it out. I must say, I actually use it now just about every time I am using my N7. I love the precise movements you can oo on the screen and also the fact that you wont get any more finger prints on that beautiful screen. Finger prints are a huge pet peeve of mine so I was constantly wiping it down several times a day. Overall, I would recommend atleast trying it out, but I wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for it by any means.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought a multi pack on Amazon when I was buying some other stuff. Worked out close to a dollar per stylus and I didn't have to wait for shipping from China.

So far they're working good and I'm happy I didn't pay $20 for a fancy name brand stylus. :D :D

robjm

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the Google Nexus 7 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. The biggest advantages the Samsung has for me over the Nexus 7 is the S-Pen capabilities and the SD card.

Now I know I can't do anything about the SD Card in the Nexus, but considering I use Evernote for all my note taking already, wouldn't a stylus with Evernote on the Nexus essentially give me all the Samsung capabilities I would actually use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs