Nexus 7 Stylus?

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So who here has a stylus for your N7? What do you use it for? Would you buy one again?

I am thinking about getting one, but not sure how much I would actually use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got one as a present from the MRS. I like it so far. I clip it to the case strap so I don't lose it but this is not the best solution - some of them can be plugged into the earphone adapter to keep them around - that might be useful.

- The biggest surprize is the very light pressure needed for screen response.
- The biggest plus so far is no fingerprints on the screen.

it's too new for me to decide about the other stuff yet you wanted input on - perhaps someone has used theirs longer.

Edit 29Nov:
The box says "SmartGear" 3 for 20 bux ---appears to be a generic chinese made rubber tip model. Nothing special. Still using it.

Last edited:

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've always used styli with touch screens; far more hygienic! Although I've found no real difference between the cheap ones & the expensive ones, I would like to try a fine-tipped Dagi or Adonit one day - when they come down in price! :rolleyes:

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

marktrav44

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought a cheap one from marshalls, its okay, I like to use it when i'm typing sometimes, but in my opinion have not really found a good use for it.

Purplelinny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have one in the pen holder on my N7 case. Never use it, lol. Having said that, I just whipped it out to try it again. It works really well on the swipe keyboard. This is just a cheapy extending pen with a stylus in the tip. Less than $5 from my own store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Like the stylus. It's great for swipe typing and general browsing without smudging up the screen. I use it all the time. Bought mine at Walmart. It's a Targus. I find it's also easier on the wrists if you've got as little carpal tunnel or tendinitis.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

grinch7

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Truglide stylus from LYNKtec, which is a great product! If you're looking for a nice, sturdy stylus, then I would highly recommend trying the Truglide. It has a really neat microfiber tip, instead of the usual rubber or foam tipped styluses. Very nice stylus!

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus on my GN7 (note: the tablet surface is covered by a screen protector). Before purchasing this stylus, I researched online for a week or so, and the BoxWave was an highly endorsed stylus by iPad users, as a stylus in the under $20 dollar price-range. I ended up purchasing it from Amazon for around $13 dollars in August. I liked the weight/frame/balance of this stylus (my glove size is XL), along with the lanyard that could clip into the headphone jack of the GN7 for safekeeping. However, I was very disappointed with its durability. After only 2-3 months of use, the mesh fabric tip began to wear-down. Since this is the first stylus I have ever used (discounting the one that came with my old Palm T/X PDA), I was wondering if this mesh tip erosion was possibility caused by friction with the screen saver? I never received a reply from BoxWave customer service. Never the less, I can not recommend the BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus because of its lack of durability.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one when I bought my case. Used it once only then soon after lost track of it. I imagine it a lot more useful on 10inch or larger screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quelch

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a Targus stylus, two for $25- Australian,
I'll gift one to my sister-in-law to use on her iPad (my apologies for the rude word on this forum)
Only used for a few minutes, like it so far, it's makes for more precise control and my hand doesn't obscure what I'm doing as much

Riddle me this:
Why does a stylus work on a tablet and phone touch screen whereas the eraser on the end of a pencil doesn't work ?

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I got one works pretty well but its just a cheap one and has a fat tip so its ok to browse with but crap to write with, I carnt find a pen style tip what would be better to write with.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought an inexpensive at on Amazon and use one quite often. It works well as long as the screen is clean.

Rackstraw

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 case with a loop for styli. Barely used it without a stylus, so far. Good for keeping it clean.

I'm going to buy the Traces application and see how well it works with Stylus.

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Android Central Forums

Quelch

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a Targus stylus, two for $25- Australian,
I'll gift one to my sister-in-law to use on her iPad (my apologies for the rude word on this forum)
Only used for a few minutes, like it so far, it's makes for more precise control and my hand doesn't obscure what I'm doing as much

Riddle me this:
Why does a stylus work on a tablet and phone touch screen whereas the eraser on the end of a pencil doesn't work ?

Capacitive touch screen works through running electrical current through your skin and reading the energy to find out where the touch is, so a stylus needs to be conductive to do the same as a finger

Quelch

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 case with a loop for styli. Barely used it without a stylus, so far. Good for keeping it clean.

I'm going to buy the Traces application and see how well it works with Stylus.

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Android Central Forums

What is the Traces app ?