Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Stylus?

So who here has a stylus for your N7? What do you use it for? Would you buy one again?

I am thinking about getting one, but not sure how much I would actually use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Nexus 7 Stylus?

I just got one as a present from the MRS. I like it so far. I clip it to the case strap so I don't lose it but this is not the best solution - some of them can be plugged into the earphone adapter to keep them around - that might be useful.

- The biggest surprize is the very light pressure needed for screen response.
    - The biggest plus so far is no fingerprints on the screen.

it's too new for me to decide about the other stuff yet you wanted input on - perhaps someone has used theirs longer.

Edit 29Nov:
    The box says "SmartGear" 3 for 20 bux ---appears to be a generic chinese made rubber tip model. Nothing special. Still using it.
    Last edited by bigtroutz; 11-29-2012 at 10:25 PM.

I have one. I like it for no fingerprints on screen.

I would buy one if you plan on using your Nexus outside in the cold when you're wearing gloves.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

What stylus are you guys using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I've always used styli with touch screens; far more hygienic! Although I've found no real difference between the cheap ones & the expensive ones, I would like to try a fine-tipped Dagi or Adonit one day - when they come down in price! :rolleyes:

~Jaqi~
    Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

I bought a cheap one from marshalls, its okay, I like to use it when i'm typing sometimes, but in my opinion have not really found a good use for it.
    HTC G1Nexus OneDroid X | HTC Amaze 4G | LG Nexus 4 | LG Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 (2012) | Note 10.1 (2014) | Moto X

I have one in the pen holder on my N7 case. Never use it, lol. Having said that, I just whipped it out to try it again. It works really well on the swipe keyboard. This is just a cheapy extending pen with a stylus in the tip. Less than $5 from my own store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Like the stylus. It's great for swipe typing and general browsing without smudging up the screen. I use it all the time. Bought mine at Walmart. It's a Targus. I find it's also easier on the wrists if you've got as little carpal tunnel or tendinitis.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

This one is micro sized and I love it

I have the Truglide stylus from LYNKtec, which is a great product! If you're looking for a nice, sturdy stylus, then I would highly recommend trying the Truglide. It has a really neat microfiber tip, instead of the usual rubber or foam tipped styluses. Very nice stylus!

I bought 1 from ebay and its not bad for what I paid which was about 99p.

I'm using a BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus on my GN7 (note: the tablet surface is covered by a screen protector). Before purchasing this stylus, I researched online for a week or so, and the BoxWave was an highly endorsed stylus by iPad users, as a stylus in the under $20 dollar price-range. I ended up purchasing it from Amazon for around $13 dollars in August. I liked the weight/frame/balance of this stylus (my glove size is XL), along with the lanyard that could clip into the headphone jack of the GN7 for safekeeping. However, I was very disappointed with its durability. After only 2-3 months of use, the mesh fabric tip began to wear-down. Since this is the first stylus I have ever used (discounting the one that came with my old Palm T/X PDA), I was wondering if this mesh tip erosion was possibility caused by friction with the screen saver? I never received a reply from BoxWave customer service. Never the less, I can not recommend the BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus because of its lack of durability.

Ordered one when I bought my case. Used it once only then soon after lost track of it. I imagine it a lot more useful on 10inch or larger screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just bought a Targus stylus, two for $25- Australian,
    I'll gift one to my sister-in-law to use on her iPad (my apologies for the rude word on this forum)
    Only used for a few minutes, like it so far, it's makes for more precise control and my hand doesn't obscure what I'm doing as much

Riddle me this:
    Why does a stylus work on a tablet and phone touch screen whereas the eraser on the end of a pencil doesn't work ?

I got one works pretty well but its just a cheap one and has a fat tip so its ok to browse with but crap to write with, I carnt find a pen style tip what would be better to write with.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

I bought an inexpensive at on Amazon and use one quite often. It works well as long as the screen is clean.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

I have a Nexus 7 case with a loop for styli. Barely used it without a stylus, so far. Good for keeping it clean.

I'm going to buy the Traces application and see how well it works with Stylus.

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
    Just bought a Targus stylus, two for $25- Australian,
    I'll gift one to my sister-in-law to use on her iPad (my apologies for the rude word on this forum)
    Only used for a few minutes, like it so far, it's makes for more precise control and my hand doesn't obscure what I'm doing as much

Riddle me this:
    Why does a stylus work on a tablet and phone touch screen whereas the eraser on the end of a pencil doesn't work ?
    Capacitive touch screen works through running electrical current through your skin and reading the energy to find out where the touch is, so a stylus needs to be conductive to do the same as a finger

Quote Originally Posted by Rackstraw View Post
    I have a Nexus 7 case with a loop for styli. Barely used it without a stylus, so far. Good for keeping it clean.

I'm going to buy the Traces application and see how well it works with Stylus.

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Android Central Forums
    What is the Traces app ?

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

My first one was a Wacom bamboo made for the Ipad. very expensive and very well made. it was ok. Then I decided to try one of the new type with the microfiber tip.

Bought this one from amazon. the tip simply glides across the screen and is very responsive. I gave the Wacom to my son and kept this one.

Amazon.com: amPen (TM) New Hybrid Stylus for iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Nexus 7, Galaxy S 3 (Black) [in AM Retail Packing]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Guess I'm a bit late on this one but I ordered an i-Blason stylus from Amazon; (not sure if links are allowed, so a mod feel free to edit this out if necessary - couldn't find rules anywhere) it says it's for the iPad but works great on the Nexus.

Moves so smoothly on the screen and when it starts getting sticky/stuttery all it takes is a damp paper towel to make it like new again.

The pen part writes quite nicely as well and I believe the ink cartridge is replaceable.
    Thanked by:
    tjr78 

I have a screen protector on my Nexus 7 - was using a sponge tipped stylus my daughter gave me - extra from her iPad collection. It stinks trying to use it... it doesn't glide across the screen at all. Do I need a new stylus (if so, any recommendations?) or remove the screen protector? Thanks!

I have a Zagg screen protector on my GN7 (August purchase) and am now on my 2nd stylus (Wacom Bamboo Stylus Solo - Model CS100K). My 1st stylus (BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Stylus) lasted barely 3 months before the mesh fabric tip began to wear-down. My daughter also used the BoxWave stylus on her iPad tablet (minus the screen protector), and her mesh tip has shown little wear & tear. In researching this issue, I read several opinions that the screen protector should be cleaned 2-3 times a week with a damp microfiber cloth to improve the traction for the stylus.
    Johnearley likes this.

At first I hated the idea of a stylus, never really saw the point of it. I ended up finding a Targus stylus on sale for a few bucks and figured I might as well just try it out. I must say, I actually use it now just about every time I am using my N7. I love the precise movements you can oo on the screen and also the fact that you wont get any more finger prints on that beautiful screen. Finger prints are a huge pet peeve of mine so I was constantly wiping it down several times a day. Overall, I would recommend atleast trying it out, but I wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for it by any means.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast