- 1 Posts
I need help
I need help I have had my Nexsus 7 tablet for 3 days and I am already having problems, I was playing on it all day today, I wanted to kill the battary for the first few times before i actually started just plugging it in, Well it died and now when i plug it in it takes for ever to start up it shows google, then the colored X then goes to my home screen says charging then says powering off, I have tried a different cord, and different out lets. What do I do.?
- - - Updated - - -
PLease help me
- 12-03-2012, 10:26 PM #2
- 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM #3
Re: I need help
It's just not a good idea to really let the battery run so low that it shuts off automatically. The automatic shutdown is a safety feature so that you don't kill the battery, but if it happens too frequently, I think you run a greater risk of actually killing the battery. My understanding is that with Li batteries, if they drop to zero, that's it--game over, no recharge.
I would suggest you keep your N7 powered off, keep it plugged in with your original stock wall charger that came with the device, and wait for a good day or so before even trying to turn it on.
Here's some good info:
HowStuffWorks "How Lithium-ion Batteries Work"
- 12-04-2012, 07:39 PM #4
- 64 Posts
Re: I need help
I doubt you damaged the battery. N7 has odd behavior when the battery is really low. Just plug it in and let it charge. Like droidxcon said, you should see a (very crude white on black) battery icon. Let it charge for a while (an hour or more) and then try to turn it on. Should be fine.
- By ntapia82 in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 8Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
- By bigrich34 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
- By android for dummy in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
- By wabbit3119 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
- By jfchica1987 in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM