10% off accessories by registering device with Asus (UK)

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how this works in other territories, but I registered my new N7 with Asus, and got an email confirming, including a link to 10% off accessories from their UK shop.

Now, if only they had the dock.....

QuackingPlums

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My s/n doesn't work. I've tried every combination of 0/Os and 1/Is as it suggests but the page just tells me I've entered an invalid serial number.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You're in the UK, yes? Not sure how it works elsewhere.

Anyway, yes, I had exactly the same initially. The box shows several xxSN's but eventually I found it on the device itself (I think somebody posted this) via Settings/System/About tablet/Status/Serial number.

Then I went to https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx to register as a member, and you can then register the device, I think listed under Eee Pad. Bit of a malarkey but I like to register my gadgets as you get email updates etc.

HTH.

QuackingPlums

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, UK. I've tried the S/N from the back of the tablet and the one in the settings/status screen. I haven't got the box with me but I'll check if that one is different.

When I googled this issue most people seem to think that it's the 12-character CnnK number I need to use, which for me is the one on the back of the tablet itself. The one in the settings screen is just some hex string. Neither work anyway... :-\

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Their website is definitely flaky. I tried both SNs several times. Eventually the confirmation email pinged in even as it was telling me again that the number was invalid!

QuackingPlums

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've tried it numerous times this week and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe it takes a while for Asus to load the new serials into its database or something.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Possibly. Definitely a bit of a rigmarole, when it's no need to be.

That said, my experience not as bad as the performance I'm getting with a Universal Studios ultra-violet download. 2 days for them to respond then a bald "scan your redemption voucher and send it to us". A huge steaming pile of tihs.

QuackingPlums

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Huh, whaddya know. Managed to get it registered today. Even used the same serial number that was saved from my previous failed attempts and auto-populated into the s/n field by my browser.

My Nexus 7 now shows up on my account but I still didn't get an email confirming it, which means I haven't got a link to any 10% off accessories either. That ASUS site is flaky as f**k! :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2