Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 10% off accessories by registering device with Asus (UK)

Not sure how this works in other territories, but I registered my new N7 with Asus, and got an email confirming, including a link to 10% off accessories from their UK shop.

Now, if only they had the dock.....
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast
    Thanked by:

Default Re: 10% off accessories by registering device with Asus (UK)

My s/n doesn't work. I've tried every combination of 0/Os and 1/Is as it suggests but the page just tells me I've entered an invalid serial number.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You're in the UK, yes? Not sure how it works elsewhere.

Anyway, yes, I had exactly the same initially. The box shows several xxSN's but eventually I found it on the device itself (I think somebody posted this) via Settings/System/About tablet/Status/Serial number.

Then I went to https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx to register as a member, and you can then register the device, I think listed under Eee Pad. Bit of a malarkey but I like to register my gadgets as you get email updates etc.

HTH.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

Yeah, UK. I've tried the S/N from the back of the tablet and the one in the settings/status screen. I haven't got the box with me but I'll check if that one is different.

When I googled this issue most people seem to think that it's the 12-character CnnK number I need to use, which for me is the one on the back of the tablet itself. The one in the settings screen is just some hex string. Neither work anyway...

Their website is definitely flaky. I tried both SNs several times. Eventually the confirmation email pinged in even as it was telling me again that the number was invalid!

Well, I've tried it numerous times this week and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe it takes a while for Asus to load the new serials into its database or something.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Possibly. Definitely a bit of a rigmarole, when it's no need to be.

That said, my experience not as bad as the performance I'm getting with a Universal Studios ultra-violet download. 2 days for them to respond then a bald "scan your redemption voucher and send it to us". A huge steaming pile of tihs.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

Huh, whaddya know. Managed to get it registered today. Even used the same serial number that was saved from my previous failed attempts and auto-populated into the s/n field by my browser.

My Nexus 7 now shows up on my account but I still didn't get an email confirming it, which means I haven't got a link to any 10% off accessories either. That ASUS site is flaky as f**k!

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Worked for me - no problems - but did not get any discounts!!

Just registered mine and went through perfectly fine, when i put the SN# in eee Pad was selected automatically.