Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google music album art

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums hi is there anyway to update my music album art on Google music through my nexus 7 without having to do it on my computer every time I need to correct or update album art thanks
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.0 Stock

Default Re: Google music album art

There's no way to do it from the Play Music app. Google assumes that you've either purchased music from the Play Store (which includes the correct album art) or uploaded MP3s with album art already embedded into the MP3 metadata.

If you are missing a lot of album art then I suggest that you use Media Monkey or another desktop music manager and embed all the album art in each MP3, then re-upload to Google Music.

Whenever I rip or download a track, the first thing I do is embed the appropriate album art and update the metadata with the right album, artist, etc. All of my music has album art embedded, so when I uploaded it to Google Music, I was all set.

There are apps in the Play Store that will add album art to MP3s, but they require you to first have the MP3 downloaded to your tablet. They can't update album art for MP3s already uploaded to Google Music. So you would have to delete the music from Google Music and re-upload the corrected copy.

Your other option might be to try to use the desktop Google Music site from your tablet. (Request Desktop Site option in the browser) I'm not sure how well that will work. Your browser might just take you to the Play Music app.

Good luck.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Google music album art

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Rea View Post
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums hi is there anyway to update my music album art on Google music through my nexus 7 without having to do it on my computer every time I need to correct or update album art thanks
    What happens when you go here: https://play.google.com/music and request the desktop site? Can you edit as if you were at your computer?

ETA: I just checked, that seems like it will do the trick.