Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car Mount for N7

I need to mount my N7 in my car to use as a 7" GPS. Can you recommend a mount you have use and like?

Default Re: Car Mount for N7

I have no suggestions, won't get mine until Christmas anyway. But...why would you want a 7" device as a GPS? Wouldn't this impact your visability driving? Seems like a safety hazard. Just use your phone

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

RAM Mounts. They have several options to mount the N7, I think the long, seat-bolt, attachment looks like the way to go. I've used several RAM Mounts and they are excellent!

I drive a prius and it has a largish display (about the size of an N7) in the center of the dash above the the radio. It has a very sh*tty GPS/Map system. Not only is it fugly but the UI is horrendous (it comes with a 200 page manual, take pages to explain how to set up a route, for example). I pretty much avoid it like Justin Beiber, preferring to use my android phone with GMaps/Nav. But it's actually not a hazard at all if I use it. The phone is much more of a hazard, mainly due to it's size. I would love to use an N7 for Nav in my car but there really is no convenient place to put it. I would love to rip out the existing screen and use a 7" android device in it's place.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the reply & link! Having problems visualizing how the various parts would go in my car. Have you bought a whole system for your N7 to use it in your car?

If you want a cheapo one that does the job well, I'd recommend the Arkon one: Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories
    Used to be $12, but I waited a day and it jumped to $18 :P. Now it's $17, but still a great deal for the price. If you want something flush and aesthetically pleasing, you'd be better off getting an air vent mount, seat belt mount, or something custom.

Has anybody tried the "As seen on TV" GripGo? Two for $15, and I *know* it'll also work with an iPhone when I'm hauling that...

Can anyone recommend a good air vent mount?

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    If you want a cheapo one that does the job well, I'd recommend the Arkon one: Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories
    Used to be $12, but I waited a day and it jumped to $18 :P. Now it's $17, but still a great deal for the price. If you want something flush and aesthetically pleasing, you'd be better off getting an air vent mount, seat belt mount, or something custom.
    +1 on the Arkon mounts...

I got this one from Amazon: Amazon.com: iKross Car Dashboard Mount Holder for 5" - 10" Smartphohes & Tablets: Apple iPad 2, 3, 4 iPad Mini, Acer Iconia Tab A500, A700, W510, A210, A110; Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF201, TF300, Infinity TF700, VivoTab RT Tab; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2,

It works well, only gotcha is that the base is large and you must have a flat service that large for it to hold. The top of my dash would not work but I found an area on the side of the dash. Appears to be very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyTop View Post
    I got this one from Amazon:
    Does the rotating arm holding the Tablet lock into place? I recently bought a mount and the tablet freely rotated with no provision to lock the preferred angle.

Quote Originally Posted by barry_g View Post
    Does the rotating arm holding the Tablet lock into place? I recently bought a mount and the tablet freely rotated with no provision to lock the preferred angle.
    Yes, has a locking nut that you tighten as much as you need.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I like the suction winshield mount on wanpool, you can change the view angle 360 , it perfectly fits in the case, and stick very secured as I tested.