Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official Nexus 7 docking station can now be pre-ordered for $39.99

Last edited by mathelm; 12-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: Official Nexus 7 docking station can now be pre-ordered for $39.99

Sick thanks

The price of this dock is way to high it should have around $30 and been out a few months after the launch of the N7. Not many users will pay $39.99 for this dock.

What functionality does the dock add besides charging and adding a different location to plug in head phones. $40 is steep for a new charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

All I keep reading about it is that it's a "audio" dock. So does it just have the ability to transfer/play music as well as the other already mentioned abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by sduda210 View Post
    What functionality does the dock add besides charging and adding a different location to plug in head phones. $40 is steep for a new charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by weebeesteve View Post
    All I keep reading about it is that it's a "audio" dock. So does it just have the ability to transfer/play music as well as the other already mentioned abilities?
    It allows you to hook it into your home stereo system for audio.

All you need is the audio splitter Y adapter cable.

About $3 anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    It allows you to hook it into your home stereo system for audio.

All you need is the audio splitter Y adapter cable.

About $3 anywhere.
    Interesting, but not sure if that's worth 40.00

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weebeesteve View Post
    Interesting, but not sure if that's worth 40.00
    I agree. The only way it would be worth it to me is if you were going to use it to do some type of custom install in a vehicle.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

One possible advantage is that it frees up the USB port for other use while being charged (e.g., watching a movie off a connected flash drive).

Unless I'm missing something, I see no option to "pre-order" the dock. All I see on the B&H site is an option to be notified when they get stock.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner View Post
    The price of this dock is way to high it should have around $30 and been out a few months after the launch of the N7. Not many users will pay $39.99 for this dock.

Google should have had at least the cases and other such accessories out the same day as the Nexus 7. I believe that Google can learn something from apple when it comes to accessories.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums