Any size difference 32GB Wifi vs. 32GB +3G?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
After much research there are some forums mentioning a difference in size between the regular Nexus 7 32GB Wifi and the 32GB w/ wifi and 3G. can anyone tell me anything as I have my Nexus 7 with 3G being shipped to me Wednesday

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
No size difference. The HSPA+ version has the microphone in a different location than the 8 GB, 16 GB, and the 32 GB Wi-Fi.

You can just get a universal case which will fit both the Wi-Fi only and the HSPA+.

The FitFolio from Speck Products is now a universal case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Then why cant you get a Otterbox for the Google Nexus 7 32GB 3G - Only the WiFi?

From their site:
Compatability:
Google Nexus 7 16GB Wi-Fi only
Google Nexus 7 32GB Wi-Fi only
NOT COMPATIBLE with the Google Nexus 7 32GB 3G + AT&T SIM

Source: OtterBOX Google Nexus 7 Defender Series case
Nexus 7 case | Defender Series by OtterBox

The 32GB with data has its microphone in a different place and one other part has been moved as well. Supposedly.these changes were made to accommodate the HSPA+ chip.

Some cases are now saying universal or Wi-Fi only.

I bought a BobjGear rubber case for mine and it definitely covers both microphones but keeping it due to kids in house. I also bought a fit folio case that covers ports and am returning it.

Note that helps

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S 3.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Then why cant you get a Otterbox for the Google Nexus 7 32GB 3G - Only the WiFi?

The only difference between the two models is the location of one of the microphones and also that the HSPA+ version also has a SIM tray. So, I guess the OtterBox version is not configured properly for the HSPA+ version of the Nexus 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon