1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth and 3.5mm audio jack simultaneously?

Hey guys,

Just picked up a Nexus 7 and was wondering if it's possible to listen to audio simultaneously via bluetooth AND the 3.5mm audio jack. The case for this would be so that my wife and I can listen to the same podcast or music together.

I don't have a BT stereo headset/receiver at this point to test with, but knowing the answer would better help me make a decision on what I need to buy. If this solution doesn't work, the other solution would be to buy a bluetooth splitter and two bluetooth receivers. I know we could just buy a 3.5mm splitter but I don't want one of us to be "leashed" hahaha.

TIA!

Default Re: Bluetooth and 3.5mm audio jack simultaneously?

I have the same question, and for the exact same reason. :-)

I actually do have a bluetooth headset, and I've tested it with my Xoom tablet and android 4.1.2. If I have my bluetooth headset on and working, and then I plug my wired earbuds into the audio jack, the headset volume drops a bit but it keeps playing for about 5 to 8 seconds, then it stops and the earbuds start. I'm hoping that there may be some way to override it. Is there a configuration setting, or maybe an app I could install that would let both the audio jack and the bluetooth headset work together?

Thanks!