Problem : the N7 32GB made for micro sim card has subtle differences in design than wifi only models. I was unaware of this until the cases I bought covered the microphone that is above the power key on my model of N7. There are mentions of this on other forums but I can only verify microphone bring totally blocked even with minimal cases

I need a couple different cases, one being a decent bumper case for my kids at home.

Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    01-03-2013 03:17 PM
    Do you really need a case that has access to the SIM? Identical otherwise, no?

Don't most people insert and leave it alone, I know I would.

I can't see many, if any manufacturers making a specific case with that tiny detail difference.
    01-03-2013 03:46 PM
    Do you really need a case that has access to the SIM? Identical otherwise, no?

Don't most people insert and leave it alone, I know I would.

I can't see many, if any manufacturers making a specific case with that tiny detail difference.
    Sorry for the confusion, but you are right there is no need to have continued access to the SIM card. But, what I was talking about is. There are 2 different models of the Nexus 7 32GB. The wifi only is identical matched to the 16GB wifi only model. However, the 32GB +3G has been modeled differently. The microphone is on the the top right of think and another change was made. Hence, requiring a differently modeled cover.

01-03-2013 05:39 PM
    Many case manufactures are now making "universal" cases that will work with both the "WiFi Only" and the "HSPA+" version of the Nexus 7.

Take a look at the FitFolio from Speck Products.

(FULL DISCLOSURE: Speck Products provided a FitFolio to me for review purposes.)
    rxgadget likes this.
    01-04-2013 06:20 AM
    Many case manufactures are now making "universal" cases that will work with both the "WiFi Only" and the "HSPA+" version of the Nexus 7.

Take a look at the FitFolio from Speck Products.

(FULL DISCLOSURE: Speck Products provided a FitFolio to me for review purposes.)
    I want to find out how I can get items to review.

01-04-2013 11:48 AM
    I want to find out how I can get items to review.
    Because I have a blog with Nexus 7 product reviews.
    01-04-2013 12:19 PM
    GameStop has a really nice case. Can't remember the name right now. You can avoid removing the SD card by using the Nexus Media app.

01-06-2013 02:56 PM
    I just bought the Poetic slim case for my data model...... Love it!
    01-09-2013 12:37 AM