Need case specific for N7 32GB with data.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Problem : the N7 32GB made for micro sim card has subtle differences in design than wifi only models. I was unaware of this until the cases I bought covered the microphone that is above the power key on my model of N7. There are mentions of this on other forums but I can only verify microphone bring totally blocked even with minimal cases

I need a couple different cases, one being a decent bumper case for my kids at home.

Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Chia4444

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need case specific for N7 with data

Do you really need a case that has access to the SIM? Identical otherwise, no?

Don't most people insert and leave it alone, I know I would.

I can't see many, if any manufacturers making a specific case with that tiny detail difference.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Do you really need a case that has access to the SIM? Identical otherwise, no?

Don't most people insert and leave it alone, I know I would.

I can't see many, if any manufacturers making a specific case with that tiny detail difference.

Sorry for the confusion, but you are right there is no need to have continued access to the SIM card. But, what I was talking about is. There are 2 different models of the Nexus 7 32GB. The wifi only is identical matched to the 16GB wifi only model. However, the 32GB +3G has been modeled differently. The microphone is on the the top right of think and another change was made. Hence, requiring a differently modeled cover.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Many case manufactures are now making "universal" cases that will work with both the "WiFi Only" and the "HSPA+" version of the Nexus 7.

Take a look at the FitFolio from Speck Products.

(FULL DISCLOSURE: Speck Products provided a FitFolio to me for review purposes.)

jjngh1

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
GameStop has a really nice case. Can't remember the name right now. You can avoid removing the SD card by using the Nexus Media app.