1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Possible to extend N7 antenna?

By opening up the case, is it possible to somehow connect the antenna to the sound jack, so whenever earbuds are plugged in, they would work as part of the antenna and extend WiFi range? Or would that not be possible due to the electricity flowing through the jack constantly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Default Re: Possible to extend N7 antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by indestructibleguy View Post
    By opening up the case, is it possible to somehow connect the antenna to the sound jack, so whenever earbuds are plugged in, they would work as part of the antenna and extend WiFi range? Or would that not be possible due to the electricity flowing through the jack constantly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    pop over to YouTube - some nerd hooked a parabolic dish to his flying N7 for over a mile away wifi lol
    probably something over at XDA as well, I seem to recall somebody messing with his various n7 antennae
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Possible to extend N7 antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    pop over to YouTube - some nerd hooked a parabolic dish to his flying N7 for over a mile away wifi lol
    probably something over at XDA as well, I seem to recall somebody messing with his various n7 antennae
    Not only did I find him, but I'm messaging him right now. it,s not looking like it's possible, but I'll let people in this forum know. ...why isn't there a hardware mod thread in this forum? :what:

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --