Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dock has been shipped

Just received my tracking number a few minutes ago. Dock is on the way to me!

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Default Re: Dock has been shipped

Subscribed for pictures and more information. UPDATE us ASAP
    Galaxy Note II
    Nexus 7

Still nothing from ASUS UK for a couple of us who bought (and had confirmation) when they put it up as in stock. It subsequently went out of stock.

We've emailed them but had no response. Beginning to be concerned, and glad I used Paypal.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

I was thinking of buying a dock, did you ever receive this, I wanna know if it was any good??
    Tabpimps.com

Since got shipping confirmation. Arrives tomorrow!
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

Just got my shipping confirmation!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dock has been shipped-2013-01-21-11_46_18-order-history-list-_-b-h-photo-video.png  

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Just got mine too, except mine is traveling via USPS Priority mail, so all the UPS folks will probably beat me. =(
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just received my dock yesterday (would have had it last Friday but UPS required signature for some reason and no one was home to sign for it).

I have to say, the dock is nice. Well made, nice and heavy. Device fits perfectly in it (as it should). Pics attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dock has been shipped-20130122_081501.jpg   Dock has been shipped-20130122_081513.jpg   Dock has been shipped-20130122_081514.jpg   Dock has been shipped-20130122_081521.jpg   Dock has been shipped-20130122_081449.jpg  

Thanked by:
    KitN 

Great! ASUS UK describe it as having a "Polished glass exterior ......". I'd assumed that was a typo?

Mine's on the UPS van out for delivery
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It's not glossy, but its not matte either. somewhere in between I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkey1 View Post
    Great! ASUS UK describe it as having a "Polished glass exterior ......". I'd assumed that was a typo?

Mine's on the UPS van out for delivery

Indeed, now Mr UPS has been, I can see it has a satin finish. Like the webpage, the box says "polished glass exterior", and judging from the weight, it could well be glass.

The only drawback - which I'd anticipated, was that in use, the device has to be taken out of its case, but that's OK.

As I'd got a 10% voucher for ASUS, and the ludicrous shipping charge of 6 stayed the same, I also got the travel cover in dark grey at 13.49. Google Play want 19.99, and Currys - where I got my N7 - 24.99!

So, other than the extra charger, I've got all the official accessories I want.

Until when/if, they launch the premium leather case

Here's some pics:

Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Just got my delivery.

Dock looks and feels solid so far. Not sure I'm crazy about the nearly upright position... Wish it was a little more leaned back... We shall see if it hampers viewing movies and such.

Asus could have at least included a USB cord and a charger for the steep price. (Total cost: $49.69) Kind of annoying but it is what it is. Right?

Taking serious wear and tear off the USB port, for me, is worth it in the long run, I hope. That's how I'm justifying the price.

I plug and unplug my Nexus 7 easily 12-20 times a day. That's a lot of wear and tear and I don't want to have to deal with warranty exchange or Google tying up nearly $300 of my money during the exchange process... So, again, pricey but I'm hoping it can save me a lot of headaches over the life of this device.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Strange how the US box favours French. The UK box is English. Initial findings, power in works OK, tab switches to the clock and moves the display every 60 seconds. I wondered about using it as an alarm, but the display might need dimming. Tried sound. Slightly lower volume with headphones plugged in the dock than in the N7 itself. Just charging up my speaker to try that. Yet to try the data connection.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

please let us know what aspects of the microUSB still works with the N7 in the dock !! I am especially interested if OTG connected Keyboard, Mouse, FlashDrive etc still work while in the dock and charging.

Thanks !

You and me both, mon ami, but I go in hospital tomorrow and have run out of playtime. Hopefully someone else can check these aspects out. My interest is in an OTG connected flashdrive.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast