New to Bluetooth

aquaboot

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have Nexus 7 v. 4.2.1 and just bought a Plantronics bluetooth earpiece. I've done the following:

1) Charged the earpiece

2) Confirmed that Nexus sees the earpiece and then reports having successfully paired with it.

3) Turned up volume on earpiece and volume settings on the Nexus. Great...

Now I turn on TuneIn to stream radio and I can hear it out of the Nexus speaker but not out of the bluetooth earpiece. What I was hoping is that the main Nexus speaker shuts off and I listen through the Bluetooth earpiece. Sound for me, silence for others around me, just like when I plug in a wired speaker to the Nexus. Am I missing something here?

-cj

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the plantronics model you have is bluetooth a2dp compatible, not all mono Bluetooth earpieces are. It must have a2dp to hear music and podcasts, or you will have to use an app like btmono to route the audio to the earpiece.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Also, if the earpiece is a2dp compatible, check the Bluetooth settings to make sure the "media audio" box is checked within plantronics earpiece settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

aquaboot

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. As you suspected, the earpiece I had was not for streaming, just phone. I purchased one that is a2dp compatible and it works like a charm.

-cj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol